PDA

View Full Version : SW Bottom Feeder???

Chago09
05/23/2007, 07:01 PM
OK My 150 is currently stocked with a 5" Picasso Trigger and a 4" Yellow tang. Neither fish shows any aggression towards the other and all is well. Although I had about half a dozen crabs in my tank and all were pretty big, although I have not seen any in a week. I assume the Picasso got to them. These guys are messy eaters. Pieces of krill, brine shrimp, pellets and flakes all hit the bottom and are causing a bit of a problem for me. I can feed slightly less yes, although they will still make a mess. Is there any fish that eats detritus and debris off the floor, that can survive with a trigger???? I doubt he will be aggresive towards fish although inverts he is clearly going to eat. Any blennies, gobies or other types of fish???? Perhaps with some size so it won't be considered food????

Bmgrocks
05/23/2007, 07:11 PM
Well, there are those like giant hermit crabs that they sometimes sell, i've seen them in with triggers and tusks, large angels etc. and they seem to fare quite well.

The crabs are about the size of a Tennis Ball. Pretty heavily armed as well, won't harm you fish, but ur fish would be crazy to try and go for it.

Chago09
05/23/2007, 08:11 PM
any others????

demonsp
05/23/2007, 08:17 PM
Starfish will feed from the surface. Gobys do great job mixing and cleaning SB.But cant say if they area trigger safe. Yea look here.

http://melevsreef.com/id/crabs.html