PDA

View Full Version : Just a note to say thank you

FOREIGNER
05/24/2007, 09:10 AM
I have decided to write this note to as a reflection of my recent mishaps in the protein skimmer world. I have lately experienced frustration to the degree that I almost decided to quit the hobby. To make a long story short, most of this unpleasant episode could have been avoided if I had done more research and listened less to the "eager" members of RC who think their particular equipment is the best and try and sell that idea to idiots like me who buy it and are less informed to what their future needs will be. I ended up purchasing a DeltecMCE600, what a disappointment!! $591.00 for a HOB skimmer that was so loud, my neighbors thought I had a genetor running in my living room! (insert laugh). In addition, to the noise, was the tiny collection cup which I had to empty on a daily basis. I ended up selling that skimmer and losing $260.00after all was set and done.
On May 15th I purchased a Tunze 9010 from Marine Depot, I ordered it 2-day since I was travelling the following week on vacation, upon receiving the skimmer I noticed it was broken in all kinds of places and it would not even start. Immediately, I contacted marine depot who directed me to Roger at Tunze USA. The whole point of this letter is to make other potential buyers aware of how great customer service can make a bad situation difuse rather quickly. Roger was such a gentleman and as soon as he received a new shipment he sent me a brand new 9010. he also included a return shipping label so I would not have to pay shipping for the broken skimmer. After plugging in the new 9010, all the frustration and anger, which had been building up, slowly melted away as the quiet motor quickly produced a think foam and started skimming my tank again. I am so happy that I managed (even though I am very impatient) to wait and see this whole situation through. I am so impressed so far with the skimmer and hopefully my woes have come to an end. Thank you Roger for your patience with me and I truly wish other businesses would handle their customers with the respect and consideration you have treated me.
Have a nice day
:strooper:

rvitko
05/24/2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks!

hansmatt
05/25/2007, 08:13 AM
Well deserved and Nicely said!

Village Idiot
05/25/2007, 11:38 AM
Same experience here...bought a bum Osmolator and Roger quickly sent me a new power supply for it. Great service.

PS - I love my 9010 too!

Maeda
05/25/2007, 01:28 PM
...and to think i'm still on the fence about getting a 9010.