PDA

View Full Version : Clams and Interceptor Treatment

nauti1us
05/24/2007, 09:17 AM
Curious what experiences people have had regarding treating a tank with interceptor while having clams in the tank.

I have a quarantine tank (10G) . Currently I have a 3" Maxima along with two small acro frags. They've been quarantined now for two weeks and they are all doing well.

Before I put them into my main 210G display tank, I plan to do a 6 hour treatment of interceptor as a CYA.

Many months ago, I had to treat my main display tank with interceptor due to a red bug outbreak. Ergo, why I now have a quarantine tank...

During that treatment I had two 3" Crocea Clams that I could not remove prior to the treatment. So... as it went, I did the three 6 hour treatments over a course of three weeks as recommended here http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1053076

After the treatments I lost most of my inverts; crabs shrimp etc, but the clams survived just fine.

I'm curious if anyone else has had success with interceptor and clams... I'm getting ready to hit the 10g QT tank with a 6 hour treatment but I'd sure like to hear from others that they've also had good success before I treat the maxima in the QT tank.

Thanks,