PDA

View Full Version : Where to get dowflake, ASAP!

pottsburg
05/24/2007, 04:09 PM
I'm in Florida and nobody knows what dowflake calcium carbonate is. I am going to deliver a boat in Chatanooga Tenessee tommorow and I called the Home Depot there, the old guy didn't know what I was tlaking about, said it is probably seasonal and said "Why not use salt to melt snow?". Where would I be able to find some Dowflake Calcium Carbonate in a place up north? If you have ANY clue, please post a reply. Thanks ahead of time.

psyco_guy_abd
05/24/2007, 04:28 PM
I've heard that peladow (same as dowflake only pellets) is available at all Gordon Food Service stores if you have one near by. Or you can order from twopartsolutions.com. Also heard of some pool supply stores having it. Good luck!

atvdave
05/24/2007, 04:52 PM
If you can find "Prestone Driveway Heat" ice melter it will work.

I got that from Lowe's here in Indiana, but it's also a seasonal thing.

tcollins
05/24/2007, 05:06 PM
I live outside of Phila, Pa and had to search for a distributor for Dow Chemical products. Found one in New Jersey who was able to tell me who in my area they distributed the dowflake to. I suggest you do the same.

SCR
05/24/2007, 05:20 PM
Our local Wal-Mart (Central fl.) just starting selling Mrs Wages Pickling lime again. It must be a seasonal thing.
(Central fl.)

pad
05/24/2007, 05:26 PM
Look into using this ...go to a pool store in FL and ask for Calcium Hardness Increaser and see if that will work for you. It does it for me and it is really cheap in larger sizes.

tcollins
05/24/2007, 05:46 PM
I had heard about the pool chemical before but couldn't find any information in any of the forums on it, other than the general statement that it worked. What brand do you use, what is the chemical profile of it?

mg426
05/24/2007, 06:00 PM
www.buckeyefieldsupply.com

pad
05/31/2007, 06:13 AM
Suncoast chemicals from Pinch a Penny

I could not readily find a spec sheet online, but
off the bucket:

Calcium Chloride 77%
Inert Ingredients 23%

I have seen some in the pool stores at 80%, but have not seen any lately. This stuff is really cheap too. You can get 50# for under $25.