PDA

View Full Version : Made an error mixing randy's 2 part

fours2many
05/24/2007, 06:07 PM
I am using recipe #2.

I added the full amount that would have been for recipe #1 for the alk and Ca. I didn't notice the difference in the amount, I thought I just didn't have to bake the baking soda, but the rest would be the same. I do not want to waste what I made already. Is there a way to fix my errror? Should I just add half of the rrecomended amount for recipe #2 for each of the 2 part?

Thanks, Kristin

Mike O'Brien
05/24/2007, 06:46 PM
Simply dilute each with an additional gallon of Ro water and you'll have recipe 2.

fours2many
05/24/2007, 07:25 PM
I guess I will ask..
Why?
Why do you have to dilute recipe #2 and then double the dosage when you add it to the tank? I guess it is just a need to know type of question.
Just seems odd. If anyone out there in cyber land can explain why, I would appreciate it.

Kristin

Mike O'Brien
05/24/2007, 07:39 PM
The solubility of sodium bicarbonate is lower than that of sodium carbonate. So recipe one can use a more concentrated mix.

fours2many
05/25/2007, 06:35 AM
I figured that was it. When I woke up this am, I found that a bunch of the Alk (baking soda)was sitting on the bottom of the 1 gallon jug. Today I will make more water and will mix it in. Thank you for your help.

Kristin