PDA

View Full Version : Adding a 3rd Clown OK?

musky1963
05/25/2007, 09:26 AM
A friend has a bubble tip anemone that he needs to sell, but his wife insists that the single 2 yr. old Percula goes with it as they are an item:) . I already have 2 small perculas, which I have only have a few months. Can I add the older, single clown with the Bubble tip anemone? He also has a cleaner wrasse, firefish and mandarin up for grabs........not too sure about adding any of those either. I have a 75g with lots of LR, Solar Flare T5's(due any day). Livestock, I have 1 small yellow tang and 1 small hippo, arc-eye hawkfish and a 6-line wrasse. Anyone? Thanks, Jeff

MarinaP
05/25/2007, 09:48 AM
Don't. You will end up with a dead small clown from your tank.

heap
05/25/2007, 12:57 PM
i'd be most likely to go with the 2 year old perc and the smallest of your young-uns. MarinaP is right, tho...3 is typically asking for some level of problems eventually.

how easy it would be to get a fish out of your tank might be the biggest factor. if you can easily extract the larger of your current percs (before adding the 2 year old), and could easily extract the other one should the 2 year old perc go nuts on it...i'd probably give the smallest perc/2 year old perc combo a try.

never experience w/ a firefish, but if your tank is still being set up, it likely doesn't have a good enough reef-bug population for the mandarin to eat. if it's not eating mysis or other non-live food, you'd be doing the fish a favor by not taking it.

ryan_reefer
05/26/2007, 07:16 AM
Don't get 3 clowns you will definently have a dead one, i have alot of experience with this not a good idea sorry!

musky1963
05/26/2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks, I just went and picked up a bunch of LR and a few other things from him. Very nice clown that would stay in the bubble tip and would only stray a few inches from it. I am considering his 180g though:rolleyes: .