PDA

View Full Version : bta

Flamehawk
05/25/2007, 02:31 PM
Alrighty, I'm ready to start a discussion that has been bugging me for awhile among other things. lol

Why do people call solid red bubble tip anemones "true rose bta's" and then tend to think the Vietnamese bta's that are red with a green base are dyed??

I've had several of both kinds over the years. I like solid red ones and I also like the ones that have a green base red body and green tips. I've kept the vietnamese ones long term and they are most definately not "dyed".

Why is there this myth in reef keeping? I think we'd be better as reef keepers realizing that bright yellow sebae anemones are dyed and that colt corals just don't come in fuchsia naturally, instead of perpetuating this dyed bta thing. I've seen a lot of dyed anemones, but never with a bta. White anemones don't count.

While I'm on the topic, what ever happened to yellow elegans leathers? All I ever see nowadays is bright yellow toadstool leathers. I thought the Indo people were over that phase by now.

I think a rose by any other name still looks as sweet. :p

nick18tjetta
05/25/2007, 02:44 PM
It is not that they are died, the term "true" refers that the red color is solid throughout the anemone and refers to where it was colected. I think both anemones are very"sweet" looking, but you are going to see "true" rose anemones about twice the price as the others.