PDA

View Full Version : anemone suggestions

FishFatty
05/25/2007, 08:02 PM
I want to add an anemone to my tank, but need some help picking the right species. I deff. dont want a condy-like anemone. I am looking for a vibrant colored anemone that doesnt have alot of brown in it. I would really like to get something that isnt green like everything else! My tank is a 75 gal. with 324 watts T-5's. Any suggestions/comments? Thanks

NicoleRM
05/25/2007, 09:35 PM
Bubble tips are most often recommended for beginners. There are some nice "rose" red ones out there if you do some hunting.

Just make sure you cover any powerhead intakes, etc. so it won't get sucked in and killed. They usually move around a little at first until they find a spot they like, so keep in mind that any corals you have now may end up in its path and get stung.

frederickk
05/26/2007, 08:14 AM
You can also try to look for a purple tip Sebae anemone as they don't tend to walk over much and are colourful species.

jer77
05/26/2007, 08:52 AM
You could get a blue haddoni, or a purple H. crispa or H. malu under this lighting.

GreenSarco
05/26/2007, 09:35 AM
I definitely would recommend a Rose Anemone. I would also suggest you a cloned one from somebody. Rose Anemones are one of the most hardiest anemones out there and they can handle your type of lighting and will split under the right conditions. Most clowns will gladly make their home in it. Good luck.

tropical hawaii
05/26/2007, 10:00 AM
I would also suggest a rose anenome They are very hardy. Ive had one for 3 years and it is doing great.