PDA

View Full Version : Backup generator experts

kimboslice
05/27/2007, 12:02 AM
does anyone use a standby generator?? like this?
http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/catalog/pickperfectstandby.php

i would like to get by with something other than a gasoline generator, i know b4 i posted i was told ups back up generators are not for aquarium pumps cuz of sine wave or something but arent there better ones out there that can run aquarium pumps?

i need something that will run 3 pumps 500-600 watts for maybe 8 hours or the more the better
i also need an automatic one so in case im not home they kick on

saltwater2642
05/27/2007, 01:27 AM
Let me tell you about some of these we have here in Florida. They are real great if you can afford it. If I could afford it I would get one. With all the hurricanes here several of my friends have bought these. Really good price like 4 grand. But when they got them they were never told that the propane tank does not come with it and the tank has to be burried in the ground, ie permits, and it has to be somewhere close to the road so the propane truck can fill it so yea 8 grand later they have a real nice generator that will start as soon as the electric goes off.

Before you get one ask all the questions and check with your permit office and see really how much it will cost.

shag26272
05/27/2007, 01:31 AM
where I live we have natural gas, they just hook it up to the line, we have one at my work