PDA

View Full Version : Zoa Disease or Predator???

rdnyva
05/27/2007, 08:27 AM
I had about 60-70 orange zoas on a 6 inch peice of live rock. They were doing fine up until recently and spreading. Then I noticed a small area in the middle that had no zoas which is getting larger and larger. I now have 2 colonies of about 20 each that are separated. I've noticed (for lack of a better description)some small bubbles near the zoas just before they disappear. These bubbles look alot like bubble algae except not as green, more translucent. They remain for about 2 weeks, then the whole in the middle of the colonies gets larger. Is this a disease? A predator? What? I have 6-8 other colonies of differnt zoas throughout the tank, none has shown any of this. What do I do? Thanks in advance.

rdnyva
05/29/2007, 09:55 AM
Update - I took itt out of the tank yesterday just to get a closer look. With a tootpick I picked off 3 or 4 what looked like bubble algae. While I had it out I gave it a fresh watr dip for 10 minutes. After a few hours back in the tank the polyps opened up again. Still not sure what is causing this. Can bubble algae do this to a zoa colony?