PDA

View Full Version : baby clown trigger wont eat

happyface888
05/27/2007, 05:30 PM
Hmm what are some suggestions on feeding this guy he is floating around in the corner got him yesterday. I'm glade my other trigger didnt beat up this guy when i put him in. the only thing i notice is that the trigger picks on my tube worms and picks at rocks any suggestions on feeding? and has a little ich. x.x
thank you

FMarini
05/28/2007, 08:38 AM
doesn't sounds like a great start.
A larger other trigger tankmate, a baby clown trigger (which are notorius for not doing well) and a potential case of ich.
So IMO you need to prioritize whats important,getting the little guy to eat and curing him of ich are the most pressing issues. Is there away of isolating this fish, like in a hang on breeder net, or some other tank (quaretnine tank)
A Q tank would be the best soln as the fish can be by itself during treatment and to determine if it will eat successfully

Absint Reefer
05/28/2007, 07:12 PM
if you take him out or not try live brine or ghost shrimp to entice your fish to eat

jrobison
05/28/2007, 07:17 PM
These are notorious for not doing well. And a perfect example of why we should quarantine. Now all of the fish in the tank are at risk.

happyface888
05/28/2007, 11:45 PM
Ahh ICH attacks... now my fishes have ich, I dont know if it was from the water change. Today was in a rush and just tossed in new salt water and now both my tans have ich. This is bad, I have no corals or any other things than fish. The baby trigger is explorering everywhere and picking at rocks and stuff, I saw it eat one flake thats about it. But that sucks now I have ich in my tank. Has anyone had luck with small triggers? and the other trigger I have is a niger trigger.

fbacungan
05/29/2007, 12:05 AM
I have about about a 2.5 inch clown. When I first got it about 4 months ago, he didn't eat for about the first 3-4 days. I was a little concerned. Once he got accustomed to his surroundings, he now eats everything in sight and has grown about a half inch.

I have him with a 3 inch pink tail and they fight all the time during feeding time. If the other trigger picks on him, that could stress him out, thus the ick. You may want to put a temporary seperator in the tank if he does get picked on if you don't have the resources to quartine him in a separate tank. Clowns are typically known for being the more aggressive triggers of all the triggers. What kind is the other trigger?

You might just want to give him some time. Try a variety of foods - live brine shrimp, frozen or freeze dried krill is great. My clown will also mow down an entire manila clam until his stomach almost bursts. They also eat my homemade seafood mixture, which is a frozen seafood mix that is available at most asian stores. Put it in a blender, add some nori, vitamins, flake foods, etc, and bind it with some nonflavored gelatin. Look at previous posts of some of these home prepared mixtures.

Good luck.

happyface888
05/29/2007, 12:29 AM
I have a 2inch niger trigger that doesnt bother that small clow trigger hmm i think that clown is half a inch to a 1 inch clow trigger. Its even smaller than my clown fishes, what it reminds me of is a fly in the tank or a bee buzzing around. First time getting such a small fish it seemed amusing and cool. its been 2 days and it hasnt eatten but it picks everywhere on the live rocks does that count as food? I tryed flakes and i diced up some shrimp,clam,mussels,squid and octopos and it still doesnt eat. it only ate one flake i think. but overall that baby trigger is exploring everywhere and picking at every rock and the tube worm. how small was your trigger when you got it? My seafood comes with surumi i think fake crab meat that isnt safe for the fish is it?