PDA

View Full Version : Yellow tang harrassing new powder brown

tbar
05/27/2007, 05:43 PM
My yellow tang in my 75 gal. is harrassing the powder brown tang I bought this afternoon. The LFS guy said they would work it out. I have about 120 lbs of LR with caves and tunnels. I am by the aquarium and the powder brown stays by me knowing I am protectiong him and the Yellow knows that to. I had a net in there and would put the yellow in the sump for a couple of days if I could catch him, but that would be next to impossible.

JAS5LF
05/27/2007, 06:01 PM
Try placing a small mirror at the end of the tank to divert the YT's attention for a couple of days. When he sees his own reflection he will take his aggression out on that.

tbar
05/27/2007, 06:19 PM
Mirror is in place, thanks any other suggestions from anyone

Roy G. Biv
05/27/2007, 08:11 PM
This afternoon is too soon. Tomorrow morning thing should settle down. How would you feel if a strange man suddenly is living in your house.

illal
05/27/2007, 08:24 PM
i was guna recomend the mirror too .. it should work out fine

tbar
05/27/2007, 08:57 PM
the mirror worked fine for about an hour then he started back more aggresive then before. I took some large rocks out and caught him in a net and now he is in the sump. Was thinking about exchanging him for a diffrent one @ the LFS or should a couple of days in the sump change his attitude. I would think so, plus the aquascape is alot diffrent now. That powder brown tang is really nice looking with the MH's.

illal
05/27/2007, 09:18 PM
yea i plan on getting a powder brown soo. if u dont mind me asking how much did he run you??

AquaReeferMan
05/27/2007, 09:26 PM
It might be because they are to cramped in the 75g. If it doesnt calm down within a week you might have to remove one. I know my Tangs didnt like each other in my 125g at first. Everything settled down within a week though. There is a lot more room in my tank though. There is still some slight chasing whenever they get to close to each other. Give it some time and see what happens.

tbar
05/27/2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks, I do like a YT and want one in my tank. Do you think exchanging for a smaller one would be the thing to do?

He cost me $69.00 the most I have paid for a fish so far. That's part of why I did not want to take the chance of having the YT killing him