PDA

View Full Version : JBJ chiller outside?

coolie
05/28/2007, 02:32 PM
I have a JBJ Arctica 1/3 hp chiller. I want to keep it outside. I live in South Louisiana, where the summers are quite humid and hot. Will I reduce the efficiency of the chiller by putting it outside? It would be on my patio in a dry location under a ceiling fan. It currently resides in my living room, but since I upgraded to a 180, it comes on for an hour and heats the room quite a bit. Even though its on for an hour, off for 4, I would rather have it outside. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

washingtond
05/28/2007, 02:49 PM
I live in the Dallas area and the temps during the summer are 100 plus and at least 115 in the garage where I just place my 1/3 HP chiller. We will see if this was the right thing to do when it really starts getting hot here. I know that it will work but how much efficiency will it loss is not known to me right now. So I really don't know the answer to your question but hoping that my arrangement works out.

powdertang05
05/28/2007, 02:56 PM
their are lots of people that i know that built a enclosure outside wth built in fans that keep the chiller cool and your house not as hot or noisey but must of the people that buy them leave them in the home. i would image it would would better out side with air movement but with that humity it could do some damage to the insides would call jbj and ask them for their opinion