PDA

View Full Version : QT equipment

sanababit
05/28/2007, 06:12 PM
hello guys, im done qt a fish, and i need to know if i can use the equipment that was in qt tank to cure rock or heat water for water changes on DT, i did not use any medicine but im still worried about some kind of parasite still in the powerhead or heater, should i leave them out of water for a couple of days to kill parasites or just wash with freshwater??? thanks

sana

virginiadiver69
05/28/2007, 07:17 PM
You could let everything dry out for several day then wash/soak it all in a vinegar/water solution.

sanababit
05/28/2007, 09:46 PM
wont vinegar harm the water cheamestry and/or corals-fish????, i just want to make sure, ohh and how much vinegar to let say a gallon of water???

sana

virginiadiver69
05/28/2007, 09:50 PM
You would want to rinse well before using. You don't need much...maybe something like a 5:1 water to vinegar solution.

drummereef
05/28/2007, 09:51 PM
I would just wash them thoroughly with freshwater. You could rinse in a vinegar solution then rinse if you see fit. Vinegar is a safe cleaner that we use all the time for stubborn coralline. Great way to clean pumps is to make up a vinegar/water solution and let the pumps run. Just rinse in freshwater when you're finished. I generally use a 50/50 solution but if I need to clean in a hurry I will do straight vinegar. Just depends on how much I need to mix up. ;)

sanababit
05/28/2007, 09:58 PM
cool thanks guys

sana