PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr - Lights Flash After Timed Shut Off

KMP
05/29/2007, 08:58 PM
i have an AC Jr w/X10 modules. everything is working as it should. lights come on and off at scheduled times. and the lights/alternate pump goes off at the scheduled high temp. however, tonight was the first time i was in the office when the actinics went off. i noticed that every 30 seconds there was a quick flash from the actinics - have no idea why.

what do i need to do to fix this problem. thanks.

clp
05/30/2007, 11:37 AM
You can reduce the amount of leakage current that the control module emits by cutting a diode lead. Follow the instructions in http://www.neptunesys.com/hardwareFAQ.htm#LOCALCONTROL for opening the module, and disable local control. Also, in the lower left hand corner is a diode (black device with a white band); it is next to the small blue capacitor. Cut the lead to the diode.

Curt

KMP
05/31/2007, 12:24 AM
thanks, so you are telling me to cut the "jumper" (pictured by a red box in the link) - and - to cut the lead to the black device w/white band (not pictured). correct?

clp
06/03/2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, you will need to cut both. Cutting the jumper disables local control, and cutting the diode lead gets rid of the leakage voltage.

Curt

KMP
06/03/2007, 10:22 PM
alright - thanks curt.