PDA

View Full Version : BM200 skimmer complaints ??

JackRent
05/30/2007, 01:08 PM
Anyone using a BM200 have complaints about the product ?? Compliments ? Comments ??

TwistedTiger
05/30/2007, 03:43 PM
Not sure if you have seen this thread, it's very long but very very helpful if you're looking at the BM200.

BM200 performance discussion (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1067871)

klam114
05/31/2007, 10:02 AM
I had a generation 1 BM200 and it skimmed very wet as the pump was too strong for the skimmer body, worked well overseas, but wasn't balanced for USA when introduced. My skimmer dealer who sold me the unit, tuned it down so it was balanced before I bought it.

With the latest generation 3 BM200, skimmer had been rebalanced and works well with the gate valve kit. A percentage of the generation 3 BM200 skimmed too dry or the waste collected only in the riser if you don't use the gate valve kit to adjust. From what I've seen, generation 3 BM200 is the best version produced to date as it takes advantage of the full strength behind the Sicce pump and can be adjusted easily with the gate valve kit. My skimmer dealer recommends a air valve to retrict the air a little, much better than the pinhole that is being used to try and restrict the air. Just my observation, maybe others have feedback who actually own the latest generation 3.