PDA

View Full Version : ?'s about buying another's set up

192clark
05/30/2007, 05:28 PM
I have an opportunity to purchase a 55 gal set up. The inhabitants I have been told are a green brittle star, purple lobster, urchin, clown with anemone, quite a few mushrooms and @ 75lbs of live rock. In my present tank I have a purple fire fish goby, false perk clown, coral banded shrimp and a skunk cleaner shrimp. My question is would these all be peaceful to each other or which should I not keep?

MDeth
05/30/2007, 06:14 PM
I'd watch the anemone with your coral (I wouldnt do it).
I'd get rid of the green brittle star.

Find out what kind of clown it is, maybe it can pair with yours :)

ArgonDreams
05/30/2007, 08:21 PM
Depending on the size and length of time the clowns have been solo, I would be very wary, if they are both female (likely) they will kill eachother. If one is juve or male, it should be ok.

poppin_fresh
05/30/2007, 08:30 PM
The lobster could be a problem too, not reef safe. If the price is good, sell the tank and live stock and keep the LR. Otherwise, I would pass.

192clark
05/31/2007, 06:19 AM
thanks for your input

192clark
06/04/2007, 08:56 PM
update on the new inhabitants. I actually went to see the tank and would like a little more input. My tank has a Purple Fire Fish Goby, a false perc, a square back anthea, 2 emerald crabs, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a coral banded shrimp, 10 margenta snails.

The other tank has 100 lbs live rock great coloration ( Tonga branch and Fiji), a black spine urchin, Sebay Clown Fish, Pink Tip Haitian Anemone, Hermit crabs and Turbo snails, Green Brittle star, 4 mushrooms and a Purple Lobster.
The tank is a 55 gallon with overflows 48" Odyssea Jebo 260 Watt PC with lunar Lights, heater and assorted pumps small sump with small skimmer.

Lump sum asking price is $500.00. I know it is a good price but other than the rock and the pumps what could I keep? The guy said everything was reef safe, I know that is not so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J. Montgomery
06/04/2007, 10:00 PM
For the urchin, it depends on how big it is. I'd say no to the purple lobster, the green brittle star and the sebay clownfish since you already have one. I know plenty of people with anemonae in their reef tanks, though they usually have 90+ gallon tanks.

And if theres really 100lb of live rock, that tank would be virtually full of rock.

192clark
06/05/2007, 07:31 AM
That is pretty much what I was thinking, I doubt if it is 100 lbs of rock also.

pikachusalad
06/05/2007, 10:26 AM
Any idea how long the other guy's tank has been set up? How well do you know this other guy? How does the tank look? How does the rock look?

I turned down buying a setup from a close friend for a great price, but I knew he used tap for water changes, constantly bought fish from pet...smart...co, had more than one big ich outbreak, had occasional aiptasia problems, and barely had any coralline growth on rocks he's had for years. OK, so my decision was probably more obvious than yours...:)

192clark
06/05/2007, 10:43 AM
The aquarium has been set up for @ 2 yrs, then moved @ 6 months ago. He is being sent by Air Force to Turkey for 15 months and that is the reason to get rid of the set up. The Rock looks great and the tank is fine, needs a good cleaning. He uses RODI.

192clark
06/05/2007, 11:29 AM
The aquarium has been set up for @ 2 yrs, then moved @ 6 months ago. He is being sent by Air Force to Turkey for 15 months and that is the reason to get rid of the set up. The Rock looks great and the tank is fine, needs a good cleaning. He uses RODI.

stuccodude
06/05/2007, 12:42 PM
I SAVED THOUSANDS BUYING MY 135 FOR 600 AND IT CAME WITH EVERYTHING, I MEEN EVERYTHING, GOTTA LOVE E-BAY