PDA

View Full Version : Sohal Tang?

anydarnthing
05/30/2007, 08:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone else's Sohal eats hair algae like a garbage disposal even when he is well fed since he is in a tank with anthias and fairy wrasses? Mine keeps the 240 completely clean of hair algae even when I got some new frozen food and forgot to rinse it which caused a huge hair algae explosion. He cleaned the tank of hair after about a month, I would like to know if all Sohals eat hair algae or just that one? I'm tempted to get one for my 220 but want to find out if I have a freak or not.

Thanks.

nava405
05/30/2007, 11:22 PM
i don't have experience with that, but i believe it is very possible. I even had cleaner wrasses eat flakes and nori.

Creetin
05/31/2007, 01:31 PM
Yes more times than not the sohals i have seen eat it. Mine does like no tomorrow. I have to supplement some macro alge in the tank or he gets downright evil with the other fish at feeding time.
He will go as far as eat the algea out of my hand. Thats how much he wants it. I have never seen a tang stay out when i am near the tank. LOL all my other tangs hide esp when my hands are in the tank.