PDA

View Full Version : Tang Feeding

fatdaddy
05/31/2007, 06:29 PM
My 7" yello tang has been acting starved lately. It wolfishly goes after the nori have out for him, and it's gone just about every time I look at it. I've doubled his feedings just to see if he'll level out.

He seems happy and even more active then usual. I created a swim through for him a few weeks ago which he seems to enjoy. He's been picking at the rocks more then I've ever seen him. No sign of disease or itching, etc.

There hasn't been any dramatic changes in the tank. My hair algae continues to abate, but I've never seen him eat that anyway. My lawnmower blenny and coral beauty also eats the Nori, but I don't see them eating anymore then usual.

It goes without saying that my Tang is a nut case. Maybe it's just another phase.

fatdaddy
05/31/2007, 06:30 PM
Oh, forgot to mention that the Tang also eats the flake when I add it twice a day.

mg426
05/31/2007, 06:42 PM
My tangs eat anything that hits the water every time. LOL

tdchicago
05/31/2007, 08:46 PM
use garlic, it will drive them nuts.

onnenmd
05/31/2007, 11:53 PM
My tang also goes nuts for just about any type of food. Actually kind of a bully about it!! Mix it with garlic and it will get an even better response. I wouldn't worry too much...as long as it is eating. I have read that many fish will eat more then they should if you keep feeding them. Just like humans I guess.....eat in moderation! :D