PDA

View Full Version : Brine Shrimp.

Roy G. Biv
05/31/2007, 07:12 PM
I can't remember where I saw the tread but basically it said an easy way to hatch brine eggs is to make a pvc tube with threaded ends, drill a hole in the middle and throw in the fuge. When they hatch they will go to the hole seeing the light in the fuge and swim out.. Anyone ever run across this?

dragon_slayer
06/01/2007, 08:46 AM
there are commercial 'In Tank' hatchers available and you can DIY one, but regardless of the contraption you'll end up with cysts/shells floating around your tank, it's best to keep the hatching remote.

kc

rdnyva
06/01/2007, 09:17 AM
I've always wanted to ask about decapsulatd BS eggs. Can you just throw them in the tank or fuge and when they hatch there is no shell remaining, correct?

AquaReeferMan
06/01/2007, 09:26 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10056532#post10056532 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rdnyva
I've always wanted to ask about decapsulatd BS eggs. Can you just throw them in the tank or fuge and when they hatch there is no shell remaining, correct?

Correct.

lessans
06/01/2007, 09:40 AM
A few times I've found baby brine shrimp swimming around my tank, but I don't put BS eggs in the tank. However, I feed frozen brine shrimp, so I guess there are either brine shrimp eggs in the cubes or some of the frozen brine shrimp have eggs still on their swimmerets that later on hatch.