PDA

View Full Version : Signs of maturity? or something else?

mkhan041
05/31/2007, 09:01 PM
I have two false percs there both a couple of months old they were very tiny when I first got them, they have grown alot since then close to 1 whole inch haha so not that much. What I do see is signs of maturity one is fatter then the other one assuming she is the female and the male is the one who shudders when the female is present, the female has recently not been eating to well before she would come up to eat some of rod's food and when it scatters into a million pecies, of krill brine and alot of other good things it doesnt seem to be eating to much.

Recently they were hosting in a frogspawn and now there not at least when im around the female will just swim in the middle really not moving just kinda bobbing there and the male is all over the place is she maturing and is this a sign of something?

Purple Penguins
06/01/2007, 07:21 AM
at an inch in size I would say they have a way to go before the "mature" mine are about 1 1/2 to 2" and still have not decided who is male and who is female, they seem to take turns suddering weekly, at the size of your clownfish I would say neither of them is female yet