PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cap came through!

drbronx
06/01/2007, 06:35 AM
I just received word from Ice cap and they are coming through big time for us. they are providing all lighting equipment we will need. They gave everything I requested and then some; two ice cap 660s, all connections, end caps, standoffs, reflectors for eight 36" t-5 bulbs and even eloectronic timers. Plus they will send one Vor-tech pump when we are ready to fill water. They don't supply bulbs but they gave me the name and number of someone at UVL who may help out. I am open to bulb combination recommendations for our display. If anyone can find the GrimReefers lighting thread on t-5, please let me know. i couldn't find it and he appears to be the man re. t-5's. Also please think about the easiest/cheapest way to mount the equipment. We don't need a fancy canopy since nobody except us) will see it. Just something to hold lighting over the tank.
I'm still waiting on final word from euro reef. But even at the worst, we will only have to pay 50% of wholesale price for the RC 250.

nwrogers
06/01/2007, 06:42 AM
Awesome that is great news!!! By the way if anyone from Icecap reads this I just switched over to all Icecap ballasts on my 150, MH and VHO. WOOT!

fatrip
06/01/2007, 06:59 AM
great news...ill try and talk to grimreefer...he helped me with my t-5 selections....

zanclus
06/01/2007, 07:09 AM
Ice Cap is FANTASTIC!!!!! I know I love their products and will make sure it is know throughout the land of their generosity.

St.james of reefdom
06/01/2007, 07:34 AM
Very cool... another option for bulb combination advice would be to PM GaryG he has quite abit of experience with the T-5 's for both coral and plant tanks..

fatrip
06/01/2007, 07:38 AM
hey guys grim reefer has answered me back already with this...i forgot to tell him the lenght of the tank hence the first part of his pm...

I am assuming you are running the lamps side by side over a 6 foot tank? If thats the case I would try this using 2 of each lamp to make a row

Front

ATI Blue Plus
UVL Super Actinic or Sfigoli actinic
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus (or Aquablue if you want a more white look.)

zanclus
06/01/2007, 07:40 AM
Looks like a good combo to me.

fatrip
06/01/2007, 09:44 AM
i wrote back to grim and said this....

i was just talking to some people, and we are probibly getting the lights donated from UVL and i was wondering if they sell anything comprable to the ATI's you have suggested?

he replyed...

Grab A couple Blue Plus ATIs and use them with the UVL Lamps. I would use 1 row of blue plus, 1 of Aquasun, one of Super Actinic and 1 of actinic white which I think is a crappy lamp but for free what the heck, give it a shot.

Blugobi
06/01/2007, 11:11 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10055674#post10055674 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drbronx
I just received word from Ice cap and they are coming through big time for us. they are providing all lighting equipment we will need. They gave everything I requested and then some; two ice cap 660s, all connections, end caps, standoffs, reflectors for eight 36" t-5 bulbs and even eloectronic timers. Plus they will send one Vor-tech pump when we are ready to fill water. They don't supply bulbs but they gave me the name and number of someone at UVL who may help out. I am open to bulb combination recommendations for our display. If anyone can find the GrimReefers lighting thread on t-5, please let me know. i couldn't find it and he appears to be the man re. t-5's. Also please think about the easiest/cheapest way to mount the equipment. We don't need a fancy canopy since nobody except us) will see it. Just something to hold lighting over the tank.
I'm still waiting on final word from euro reef. But even at the worst, we will only have to pay 50% of wholesale price for the RC 250.

Sounds great! 4 Rows of 2 bulbs each....Not sure if we will be able to go end to end, but if were not worried about a "Canopy" of sorts, we can build a structure over the tank and allow for end to end placement. Something that can be easily picked up and moved for obvious reasons. We should be able to place the ballasts and timers all in one place on a wall, neat and tidy with everything labled accordingly. Great Job Jerry with getting help from Icecap....A Vortech to boot, that will save a ton of money for other stuff. :)

Geo

drbronx
06/01/2007, 02:38 PM
We can either have two rows end to end or have a slight staggered offset. Thanx for the input from GrimReefer. I have a call in to UVL and I will see if they can provide the bulbs suggested by Grimreefer. We can substitute out the actinic whites for something else if we don't like them. But like he says if they are free (of course that is not guaranteed) then what the hell. Grimreefer recommends Blue Plus ATI's. I'll see if UVL supplies a close equivalent or see what they recommend. we can always order Blue plus's if we want. As always, thanks for the input.

fish1219
06/01/2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks ICECAP. I have their 440 ballast running T5's and also ther SLR's. Great products from a great company.

Blugobi
06/01/2007, 07:19 PM
Icecap Rocks.....Hands Down!

drrich
06/01/2007, 07:35 PM
They are an awesome company with the greatest customer service. Unfortunately, this is such an expensive hobby that I'm sure many reefers (including myself) waste hundreds of dollars on either equipment they never use, or coral that don't survive past a couple of weeks. When making a purchase, please take into consideration who ( from whom) you are purchasing, even if it is not the normal thing you do. Icecap has been wonderful to me; a great waster of money; and is is truly appreciated.

drbronx
06/04/2007, 10:09 AM
The lighting equipment Ice cap promised arrived this AM. They are working on a price for the second Vor-tech pump and will send both when we are ready.

drbronx
06/04/2007, 10:10 AM
BTW I submitted a thread to the Ice Cap forum (see sponsors forum). feel free to add your songs of praise to Ice cap if so inclined.

gpep419
06/04/2007, 10:12 AM
this y ice cap is who they are
i swear by them 2 thumbs up