PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics on RC.

ReefingIt
06/01/2007, 09:31 AM
Hi,

Can someone help pls. I am trying to post some pics on RC and everytime I try to do an upload, it keeps erroring out on over size limit of 50k. Does anyone know how I can resize the pics to fall within this acceptable range?

Thanks.

gregr
06/01/2007, 09:44 AM
This article in the Reefkeeping Magazine (http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-03/gr/index.php) was written to help people with image posting. Holler if you need any help or clarification.
Greg

ReefingIt
06/01/2007, 11:04 AM
Gregr,

Thanks for the link to the article. Now I've got the correct sized picture to post; however, how do you include the image as part of the post. I tried using the icon for include image but it doesn't allow you to choose where the file is coming from.

gregr
06/01/2007, 11:18 AM
Scroll down towards the bottom third of the article- that's where the posting tutorials are. Basically, you need to upload the image to a hosting site (suggestions for hosting sites listed in article) or upload the image to your RC gallery. The downside of using the RC gallery is the size limit. Anyhow, once you have the image uploaded you will copy the url [internet address] of the image and paste it into the box that pops up when you click on the IMG button. Don't hesitate to holler if you have more questions.
Greg

ReefingIt
06/01/2007, 12:10 PM
Thank you Gregr. I've got the pics posted.