PDA

View Full Version : blue tang no eating

AusWog
06/03/2007, 06:44 AM
well as the title says its not eating, tried garlic dosed brine shrimp,mysis shrimp,seaweed,rootifiers,plankton,fish dinner,blood worms all in garlic and then without.any ideas?im willing to buy any food i even have that cycl-eeze stuff i think its called on order.he is getting REALLY skinny hasnt eaten in about 10 days.he eats a tiny bit but spits it straight back out...

A sea K
06/03/2007, 07:13 AM
By Blue Tang I assume you mean Hippo, Regal (P. hepatus) and not Powder or Atlantic
I had the same problem with mine. I was told to start feeding live brine enriched with phyto to help sustain him till he become comfortable in the new surroundings and started taking other foods. I would leave out the garlic for now, he might not like it, once he starts eating good try it again and see how it goes.
It worked pretty quick and in several more days he started taking to other offered foods. Mine was very shy when I introduced him. I would have to put the food in and walk away from the tank till he got comfortable enough to eat while I was standing in front of the tank. He is now the official tank pig.
Hope this helps, Chris