PDA

View Full Version : D&D Marine Protein Skimmer

Winchester
06/03/2007, 04:55 PM
Does anyone have a link about theses skimmers? I would like to know if there any good?

pjf
06/03/2007, 05:01 PM
Manufacturer link: http://www.danddmarine.com/index.html

The price of the Typhoon skimmer at www.drsfostersmith.com has gone up to $79.99. To obtain the lower price, enter the following in the search box: YL22924. The skimmer will appear with the lower $67.99 price. The "Salt Water Kid" had posted this code in another thread.

Winchester
06/03/2007, 07:10 PM
Thank-you for the links, but does anyone know if this skimmer is any good? I'm looking for some reviews on the skimmer.

lotsoftats
06/03/2007, 07:34 PM
i had one of these skimmers and it pulled alot of junk out of the tank. the only problem i had with the skimmer was that it blew a ton of micro bubbles in the tank. it is a good skimmer but i returned mine because i could not get it to stop blowing bubbles.

hope this helps.

kodyboy
06/04/2007, 04:40 AM
I have had the typhoon for a while and it works very well for its cost. I never had a big microbubble problem in my tank, but some others on this board have. I really like the typhoon and its top notch construction. Be sure to order the anti-siphon unit from D&D marine (they will send it free) for your typhoon. I clean mine once a week, and shoot a little vinegar in the venturi once a week to keep it clean, otherwise little to no maintenance needed.