PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Im building a custom deepbowed reefy

rsdino
06/03/2007, 05:05 PM
Hello
Iv been planning my new aquarium for a while now
I already have the front glass
Oh before i start i should say im in Germany
The glass is 12mm thick optiwhite 125cm by 60cm with a bow around about 20cm so really a bow front aquarium just a little deeper bow than normal.
Im looking at making it a now i cant think of the word, um 120cm across the front and 140cm at the back with sloping sides, if that makes sence. works out to be around 400liters or 100gallons
the overflow im still unsure of. Im pretty sure i will make it dead center approx 40cm wide and 12 or 14 deep.
Oh yeah the depth with be approx 55 to 58 cm
I already have a Aqua medic percula skimmer rated at around 500liters im thinking it may even be too small and aquamedic 2X150W HQI, I would like to also add 2X2 dimmable T5's from ATI.
Well thats about as far as iv got.
I have the front glass the skimmer and the light
I have also been looking at the wavysea which i think is a goer
plus iv already said yes to a ATK 10000liter pump
now im just trying to plan my sump
i would like to keep it as simple as possible, out in the same compartment as the skimmer a double seperator, one from top almost to the bottom and then the other from the bottom almost to the top a middle section as a possible live rock for algae growth for a lucky tang and then another double seperator to the last section for the pump
somehow i would like a top up section probably on the otherside of the skimmer so the new can be instantly mixed
nutrients i have no idea as to yet how im going to tackle that problem, though i like the balling system except only of it adds when i detects its needed - how does that system work anyway
if anone has anyideas for my overflow and the drilling of the tank at the moment i am looking at 2 X 40mm because of the input output of the ATK pump plus a 25mm for an emergency overflow, i am alos considering cabelling
as i wold like to have the tank against the wall
how high am i going to need to keep my HQI do they really have to be 30cm above the water,