PDA

View Full Version : Rock and Roll

Wett Hands
06/03/2007, 06:18 PM
Hi all!

Well I really made a mess of things yesterday. I was repositioning a powerhead last night and it slipped out of my hand. I lunged for it (praying it wouldnt blast the sand) and wound up knocking over several rocks and ruining my aquascape. :mad2:

Luckily nothing tumbled into glass.

I've noticed that the parts of the rock have gotten somewhat darker. The tank has been up since January and the seemingly never ending diatom bloom is finally gone. All my water params are 0 except for nitrAtes which are .5, the LFS test said it was 0 too, but thats not what I get at home.

Anywho... Since I have to re 'scape my rock work anyways, would a good scrub of the dark patches be in order? I am assuming that it's just dead material.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

jer77
06/03/2007, 06:40 PM
Probably is dead or dying plant or sponge matter. Scrub it off before it turns into nitrates and phosphates.

Joshua1023
06/03/2007, 07:36 PM
Couldn't hurt, might help.

gpep419
06/03/2007, 07:46 PM
your not talking coraline algae?

Wett Hands
06/04/2007, 01:36 PM
The patches on the rock are a medium to dark grey color and definately not coraline. I'm pretty sure it's not sponge. The rock just looks much darker grey as opposed to the very light grey/almost white rock color it had originally. almost looks like smoke damage... are my fish smoking when i'm not looking?!?!? LOL I will work on getting pics but i am terrible at taking pictures of my tank.:rolleyes: :smoke:

Wett Hands
06/04/2007, 01:38 PM
The patches on the rock are a medium to dark grey color and definately not coraline. I'm pretty sure it's not sponge. The rock just looks much darker grey as opposed to the very light grey/almost white rock color it had originally. It almost looks like smoke damage... Are my fish smoking when i'm not looking?!?!?:smokin:

I will work on getting pics but i am terrible at taking pictures of my tank.:rolleyes: