PDA

View Full Version : New dosing pump on AC jr

TracyZeuner
06/03/2007, 09:34 PM
The pump is "low voltage", will I have a problem using my AC jr to dose 2-part solution?
I purchased this dual pump from 2-part solutions web site

vid151
06/03/2007, 09:56 PM
only if you are going to hook it to a DC8 and then it matters if how much wattage the pump pulls .... if you have a DC4 or DC4HD I dont think it is an issue

Dave

TracyZeuner
06/04/2007, 01:00 PM
I am actually hooking it up through a socket expansion into my DC8. Will this work?

David Grigor
06/04/2007, 02:54 PM
Basically have to try it and see, It's an easy test. Using the manual control turn it on. Then set manual control to off. If it doesn't actually turn off then try another port on the dc8. Sometimes because of tolerances in manufacturing one port may be able to turn it off while others won't.

On one of my tanks, I found a port that would work. On the other tank all 8 wouldn't turn it off. So it will vary.

Curt told me that if you find a port that will turn it off then it should be fine long term.

DC4 and DC4hd both will work regardless because they use true relays.

I have no experience with the expansion socket to know if has true relays in them or not.

A work around you can add a mechanical timer in between them that is always on. It provides just enough load to allow it to turn off/on.

On my show tank since I needed additional ports anyway I opted for the dc4. On my frag tank I use the mechanical timer work around and on my son's 29g I just found a port that will turn it off. So I've pretty much use them all ( except for the expansion you suggest ).

PS: I use the same dosing pumps ( ATI one that twopart sells ) on all 3 tanks but just single heads instead of the dual.

TracyZeuner
06/07/2007, 12:26 PM
David- I did find a port that would turn off the pump(#4).
Is this something that has to be closely monitered, or will the pump always turn off?