PDA

View Full Version : 22 New Bangaiis!!

sharla1234
06/05/2007, 08:52 AM
My Daddy Bangaii just spit babies last nt. I took some of them from the urchin & netted some from all over the place. There are 22 of them now in a breeder.
I fed frozen rotifers this morn. till I can get to the LFS.
A few mo. ago I kept 8 alive for 8 days on cyclopeeze. I then got frozen rotifers & BBS, but I may have been too late.
Going to LFS today. Will frozen rotifers work??
Should I get something to hatch BBS?? Do they need selcon??

Leeroy
06/11/2007, 09:53 AM
sharla1234, congratulations, great to hear, that's a lot of babies.
Did they eat the frozen rotifers?
My first batch, I had a fair few deaths, I was only feeding them twice a day.
Second batch, I had a much higher success rate, as I was feeding them as much as I could at the time, between 3 and 5 times a day. I was feeding mainly bbs, but also frozen rotifers as well.
I think regular feeding is the key, but keep an eye on your water parameters as well. Mine was plumbed into my 180G, so wasn't too much of a problem.
I don't think that newly hatched bbs need enriching, as they are still feeding off their egg sack (yolk)? and are a good source of nutrition.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers,

Lee

MimicTang
06/11/2007, 03:30 PM
What is your tank setup?

MimicTang
06/11/2007, 03:31 PM
My breeding pair who hasnt started yet ONLY eats mysis. I would get some live brine, frozen too.

Chad Vossen
06/11/2007, 03:36 PM
congrats! im still waiting for my fish to mature..

bangaii man
06/11/2007, 09:19 PM
good luck, I'm still trying to figure out the feeding. I just lost an entire batch of 32 trying to start feeding with only frozen bbs. I have 5 remaining that hatched in december. they didn't start eating frozen mysis until they were 4 months old, and at that transition from live bbs to frozen mysis I lost 5/10.

jacob30
06/12/2007, 06:55 AM
Transition from live BBS to frozen BBS then to enriched frozen brine and then shaved mysis.

Overlap each transition until they are weaned off of the previous food. You will have very few if any losses this way.

sharla1234
06/12/2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the help. Still holding on. Live BBS aren't lasting long enough.