PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys Just had a few Questions :-)

Mabisyo
06/06/2007, 12:10 AM
Ok so i got new fishes and all of a sudden the tank got a little cloudy, but this morning seems to get clear....so i tested the water because my sea horses and corals seem to be restless...the SH keep moving around, the corals (Zoa, Clams) arent opening up...the Brain is fine and the oyster....What should i do?? TANX Lots....

I have the Marine Lab by Red Sea...

Ammonia - 0

No3 - Low 8 Hight 38ish (its in between Low 5-10 High 25-50, Light Pink)

Ph - 8.3

No2 - 0.2

Alk - High

GreenSarco
06/06/2007, 12:29 AM
how long has the tank been set up? You shouldn't have any Nitrites in your system.

arts007
06/06/2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah should not be any nitrites, do you add calcium supplement, test calcium as well... Alk - High ? is there a number that correlates to High?

jdieck
06/06/2007, 01:05 AM
High PH high Alk and cloudiness sounds like carbonate precipitation if it is, it will not be related to the addition of fish but to over supplementation. For this case try better test kits (with actual readings and adjust Calcium, Alk and Mag as necessary.
On the other hand if your tank is relatively new a sudden increase in bioload might have created a minicycle/bacterial bloom with an Ammonia spike. Increase water aeration to maintain Oxygen levels and make a good 25% water change. This could also help the Alk / Calcium issue.

DaveG99
06/06/2007, 01:09 AM
grab some containers and go get some of that nice water out of the ocean and do a water change. You live in the philippines!