PDA

View Full Version : question about a tank

spi4life
06/06/2007, 11:08 AM
I have found maybe an awesome deal on a 150g. the dimensions are 48"x24"x31" my question is would I be able to have powder tangs in this? I was wondering due to the fact that the tank is only 48in long. I have a 55 that is that long but the width is double. what are your thoughts?

Thanks

papagimp
06/06/2007, 11:13 AM
I personally would not recommend a powder tang, most if not all would require at the bare minimum, a 6ft tank. They prefer lot's o' swimming space and being cramped in anything smaller wouldn't do em much good. More than 6ft would be even better.

Shooter7
06/06/2007, 11:16 AM
LFS here had some beautiful powder blues in awhile back. They were good sized and thick, I wanted one for my 4' long 120. I watched them swimming about actively, then went home and tried to picture one of them in my tank. I couldn't do it. The tank they were in was a 10' long 650g at the LFS, which of course dwarfed my 120g.

On the other hand, I've seen many tanks this size with PBT's in them, so ultimately up to you.

lpsluver
06/06/2007, 11:20 AM
And besides the PBT are the worst of all of the tangs for Ich potential. Add an Ich magnet to a smaller than desirable tank and you can probably guess the probable outcome.