PDA

View Full Version : Was it ok?

SugarySpice
06/06/2007, 08:07 PM
I recently seen a few salt tanks that wasnt very clean. Also, a few tanks that were sparkling! But in all the tanks I seen that they were feeding the fish lettuce! It was huge stalks of lettuce. Is this ok or is it a mistake? There were only like 6-10 fish in each tank! Course I didnt know if it was the lettuce making the tanks dirty or just not very good at keeping them clean! So is it ok for ppl to feed there fish lettuce or was that wrong? I wasn't sure what to think when I seen it!

spleen93
06/06/2007, 08:42 PM
Romaine lettuce was what we used to feed tangs as a supplement before we discovered nori to be a better choice. Some people haven't gotten the message yet ...

Spleen

Hormigaquatica
06/06/2007, 09:27 PM
Nori is a better way to go if you can, but Romain, Spinach, even Broccoli are all pretty good foods for many fish. It helps is you blanch or freeze/thaw the leaves before feeding them, just to soften it up a bit. Just dont leave the uneaten bits in the tank too long, and it shouldnt make it any dirtier (meaning the ones you saw just werent good at keeping their tanks clean... haha)

drummereef
06/06/2007, 10:39 PM
Go to your local asian market and pick up some Nori. I can get a hundred sheets for under 10 bucks. ;)

frederickk
06/07/2007, 03:01 PM
I know that some of the supermarcket carry some too.

SugarySpice
06/07/2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies! I appreciate it!