PDA

View Full Version : M3 Co2 Regulator

thedigitalimager
06/06/2007, 09:13 PM
Guys, on July 12, 2006. I bought an M3 Deluxe CO2 regulator from you. I used this regulator a little less than 7 months when the seal popped. I've tried to contact Monilith Marine Monsters, but apparently they are no longer in business. Anyway, I'd like to know who I can send it to for repair. Having to buy another $145 regulator doesn't sit well with me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Geary

MarineDepot
06/07/2007, 09:35 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear that the regulator stopped working for you. I would recommend that you take the regulator to a welding shop in your local area, they should be able to get it repaired for you, get the parts you need or even direct you in the right direction. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I hope this information was helpful to you. If you have any further questions, I invite you to contact us via email or telephone, we'd be more than happy to assist you.

Walter F

Marine Depot Customer Services

714.385.0080 Phone

714.385.0180 Fax

www.MarineDepot.com

thedigitalimager
06/07/2007, 10:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10095597#post10095597 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarineDepot
I would recommend that you take the regulator to a welding shop in your local area, they should be able to get it repaired for you, get the parts you need or even direct you in the right direction.www.MarineDepot.com

I tried that at two different places and was told that there's no one who rebuilds regulators here in the Corpus Christi area. I was also told that since it's a speciality item and from Taiwan; that's it's unlikely that anyone could get the parts necessary to fix it. I'll continue to do business with Marine Depot, but I would strongly discourage anyone from purchasing an M3 regulator considering the inability to repair one. $145 for 7 months use is not a good investment!

Sincerely, Geary Smith

thedigitalimager
06/12/2007, 08:18 AM
Someone there at Marine Depot told me that you're getting the M3 regulators directly from Taiwan. Is is possible for you to get parts from that source?

Thanks, Geary

MarineDepot
06/12/2007, 08:47 AM
Hello Geary,

Thanks for your post, unfortunately we are unable to get any parts for the regulator from the manufacturer, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Walter F

714.385.0080 Phone

714.385.0180 Fax

www.MarineDepot.com

thedigitalimager
06/12/2007, 09:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10126835#post10126835 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarineDepot
Thanks for your post, unfortunately we are unable to get any parts for the regulator from the manufacturer, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Walter, this is not an inconvenience- it's a ripoff. Have you tried to get parts? That really leaves the customer hanging. I'm not trying to be a pain in the rear, but anyone who buys one of these should be able to get it repaired. Essentially this means that these regulators are regarded as deposable units and too bad if they quit working after the six month warranty. I've always been a loyal customer of Marine Depot because you've got great prices and have always been customer oriented IMHO. You should stand behind the products you sell and make this right.

Sincerely,

Geary S.

MarineDepot
06/12/2007, 01:00 PM
Hello Geary,

I sent you a PM regarding your situation.

Walter F
714.385.0080 Phone
714.385.0180 Fax
www.MarineDepot.com