PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Coral and Clownfish

cdcq12
06/07/2007, 04:11 PM
I have a tongue coral and my clownfish has recently started treating it like an anemone. Is this bad for the coral and should I get an anemone? I onl yhave a 24gallon tank, so an anemone would be difficult, but there might be a way. Let me know. Thanks

cdcq12
06/08/2007, 02:09 PM
Anybody have any ideas?

troy-angela
06/09/2007, 12:35 PM
I have had anemonies Which i dont recomend If they do not do well they can produce toxins which can damage every thing in the tank especially in a small tank i dont belive clown fish will dammage the corals i have two clarkii's but right now i only have mushroom corals they do not pay any attention to them

cdcq12
06/09/2007, 03:17 PM
Ok, but has anybody actually seen a clownfish do this?

Raibaru
06/09/2007, 10:38 PM
My pair of Oscellaris Clownfish have been hosting my Torch coral for about 4 months now without any major problems. A few weeks ago my Frogspawn and Torch weren't looking good, but this was about the same time a sea hare went missing. My LPS look good now though.

I know this probably isn't helpful for you, but my LPS don't seem to mind the clown. The first few days they shut and barely showed any flesh but after awhile they fully opened again and have been doing fine. Even when my clowns are a bit rough the torch stays fully open.

I'd imagine something similar would happen with soft corals. I've seen lots of photos of clowns hosting leathers and people don't seem to report problems.

cdcq12
06/10/2007, 04:16 PM
ok thanks so much.