PDA

View Full Version : Picasso Clowns..... sexual maturity?

Helfrichs Chic
06/07/2007, 07:09 PM
I have seen a few diffrent ages in which clowns will spawn. I have a pair of ORA picassos, that are about a year old now. I am wondering if the clowns spawn in a year...two years.... or you never can tell. They are very healthy and I noticed that the female is recently MUCH more plump than the male. These two fought so bad for the first 4 months I had them (its been about 7 months in my tank now). The female was so mean that the male jumped out TWICE. I managed to rescue him both times, luckily. They are percs, and are still changing black, and I assume have a little while yet before they produce their first spawn. Its not a huge deal, just kinda curious, since I keep finding conflicting information. THANKS! Oh and pics of them are in my gallery :)

ClownReef®
06/08/2007, 04:00 PM
Those are very nice clowns.

It depends, it may take YEARS! 2,3,4.. it all depends when they reach sexual maturity..

I cant believe that tank is 18 gallons. It looks way bigger. VERY nice setup.

ClownReef®
06/08/2007, 04:51 PM
Forgot to ask.. Do you have any recent pics of your clowns? id love to see some!

Helfrichs Chic
06/09/2007, 12:51 PM
The pic in my gallery is about 2 weeks old, here is a new one taken last night. The male Phoenix was NOT into getting his picture taken, this was the best shot out of the bunch.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/HelfrichChick/clowns-now1.jpg

oceancube78
06/09/2007, 04:17 PM
very nice fish, do you mind if i ask where did you get them? locally or you went straight through ora?

Helfrichs Chic
06/09/2007, 07:23 PM
Locally, but had to special order them and it took about 8 months to get them in.