PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to AC!

mamagoose45
06/10/2007, 08:38 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to AC for hosting the meeting tonight - I know we kept them there pretty late for a Sunday. Thanks to Chris for driving over and doing the presentation...have a safe trip back.

It was nice to see everyone and some new faces as well.

greystreet41
06/10/2007, 09:22 PM
I hope Chris stayed with family in town tonight. Thanks Chris.
Thanks to AC as always.
What a fraud of a raffle though, eh? ;) JK, Jack, you deserved it as hard as you've been working.

Angela Short
06/10/2007, 09:31 PM
I had a wonderful time and the presentation was great. Thanks a ton for hosting AC!!

crumbletop
06/10/2007, 09:54 PM
AC did a great job. Thanks to all who worked extra so we could have this meeting! Thanks also to all of you who came and to Chris for a great presentation.

LOL, yeah I felt a bit guilty about the raffle, but I'm over it :D

gflat65
06/10/2007, 11:11 PM
Come on!!! What did you frag? What did Jack win? Inquiring minds want to know:). I thought about swinging by, but I was able to get out of town by 5:00... Man that's a long drive as often as I'm making it these days.

NeveSSL
06/11/2007, 01:22 AM
Wish you could have been there, Gary!

It was definitely good. I was one ticket off of the raffle... I should have gotten to Jack before he got his own ticket... lol.

I think they fragged a Hammerhead and a frogspawn... but I'm not positive. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to corals! I'm getting there, though, and a huge thanks to Chris for enlightening me on SPS corals. :) I seriously learned quite a bit from his presentation.

Out of curiosity, how many times does the club meet at the AC?

Brandon

crumbletop
06/11/2007, 04:30 AM
Sorry you missed it, Gary. We fragged a hammer, frogspawn, and an orange cap -- all from the large display in the back of the store. The fragging crew consisted of Chris Stowers and his dremmel, me, Rick (mdwannabe), Casey (greystreet41), and Wayne (waynesworld). We had quite an assembly line going by the zero-edge tank. The raffle was for a 150W HQI clamp on lamp. As usual, AC offered great discounts on everything in the store.

Chris' presentation was great, and we'll get his slides up soon on the MTRC website.

We had many new faces and several new members to the club. We also had visitors from the NTRC -- Terrie and Terry (Terrie is the NTRC president) -- Thanks for dropping by! It was good to see all the new faces as well as old.

Brandon, we meet at each LFS once/year. August will be the meeting at Emerald Bay, and in November we are meeting at Fins in Franklin -- which will be our first club meeting there :)

luckyfish
06/11/2007, 05:19 AM
Thanks to all how put in so much effort on the meeting, it was quite the sucsess.

Fanof49ASU
06/11/2007, 05:26 AM
Can someone tell me about this Orange Cap that I picked up.....will it sting my zoas and mushrooms?

gflat65
06/11/2007, 07:13 AM
Cool. That is the first LFS meeting I've missed. I guess I'll have to get used to it... I don't think there will be much LFS support down here. There's really only one, and he doesn't seem open to the idea of a club...

Marik-the opposite. Your mushrooms will likely kill where they make contact on most SPS.

greystreet41
06/11/2007, 08:29 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10118833#post10118833 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fanof49ASU
Can someone tell me about this Orange Cap that I picked up.....will it sting my zoas and mushrooms?

no, but I would keep the shrooms away from the cap. The cap isn't aggressive, just give it some room to grow...once it gets happy it can grow pretty quick.

SRT80
06/11/2007, 08:32 AM
yep, always enjoy the AC meets. I wish we had another MTRC though....Middle Tennessee Reptile Club.

Steve

c_stowers
06/11/2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks to AC for a great meeting. As usual, they treated us extremely well. I just can't believe crumbletop made it away with the HQI pendant...I think it was rigged :).

Mdwannabe
06/11/2007, 01:36 PM
First; Thanks again to AC for hosting, as always it is greatly appreciated.
Second; A BIG thanks to Chris (Fishdoc) for coming all that way to give the presentation, it was quite informative, and down right good to see him again...you are missed! Hope School continues to go well for you, I look forward to the day I can say hello Doctor.
Third; The raffle; I can only assume Gary (Gflat) gave Jack (Crumbletop) insight into how to make sure the person in charge walks away with what they want :). Wonder if there is any truth to the rumor both used to deal Black-Jack in Vegas, until both were caught dealing from the bottom of the deck? Things that make you go "Hum"! :confused:

SRT80
06/11/2007, 01:43 PM
Hmmm........ :lol:

tmcghee
06/11/2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks to AC and everyone in MTRC. Ya'll had a great meeting and a very good presentation. I'm going try to steal all your good ideas for when we do the meeting at the LFS next month. If anyone is in Clarksville on July 28 around lunch time, stop by Pet Palace and check us out.

One more time, THANKS.

Terrie and Terry
NTRC

fishdoc11
06/11/2007, 08:21 PM
I can't tell you all how fun it was to see everyone again. I even got to chat with Gary and do a little coral swapping before the meet:D
The gift from MTRC was very generous and very unnecessary but very much appreciated none the less:D
We got back earlier this evening and the corals I received are in the last stage of their dip at the moment and fixing to go into my QT.
It is very nice to see the club going in such a positive direction with the leadership in place. You guys are doing a great job!
I regret I didn't get to say hi to all the people I recognized from your screen names, and all the other new faces I saw. It seemed like I didn't get to chat with anyone nearly enough and Angela and I were the last ones to leave the parking lot.

I had a great time.........thanks everyone very much, Chris

SRT80
06/11/2007, 09:03 PM
Yea, I forgot to say thanks to Chris for the good job on the presentation. I haven't really got into the SPS yet, just montiporas and they are doin' great. I really hope to upgrade one day and get into more SPS....acros. But it all made since listenin' to you explain stuff. I might have been hidin' in the back but I was listenin' to everything. That's the way I was in school, always sat in the back :lol: But yea, thanks to you, AC, and everyone else involved...

Steve

Angela Short
06/11/2007, 09:25 PM
You can always count on me being late and always the last to leave! :) Wish I could have chatted more with folks also!

gflat65
06/12/2007, 01:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10121236#post10121236 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mdwannabe
Third; The raffle; I can only assume Gary (Gflat) gave Jack (Crumbletop) insight into how to make sure the person in charge walks away with what they want :). Wonder if there is any truth to the rumor both used to deal Black-Jack in Vegas, until both were caught dealing from the bottom of the deck? Things that make you go "Hum"! :confused:

The Presidential Confidentiality Agreement covers the reduction in variability in the randomness of raffled items;). This is a secret that started with our forefathers many a three years or so ago:rolleyes:... What can I say. Lying, cheating and stealing are strong points:D. It is the politician way. Mathematically, it only works out to 80% of all high end prizes, so there is a chance for someone else to win, though unlikely.:D:D:D:D

Mdwannabe
06/12/2007, 01:38 PM
Now that looks like a post a past president would make! Look at how many syllables are in the first sentence alone; much less working through what it means!
Gary, ever thought about chucking Engineering, and going for Government work; I'm sure you and your fellow Senators could work through that first sentence, get what you want for nothing, and find some way to up the commoner's taxes to pay for it :)

Rick (a mere commoner)