PDA

View Full Version : Kole Tang goes after Mystery Wrasse ....

DarthSimon
06/11/2007, 03:39 PM
Hey guys,
My brother and I just added a Mystery Wrasse to our 90 Gallon tank... Spotted Yellow Eyed Kole went right for him... Now Wrasse is hidding... Normal? these 2 fish should be able to get along correct??

We slow dripped for 2.5 hours....

Thx for any help...
Steve

thor32766
06/11/2007, 03:56 PM
tangs are going to show other fish whose boss, just to put them in their place. but you shouldnt have a long term problem with them. give them a few days should be good after that.

Goodwood
06/11/2007, 04:16 PM
Most people say Kole tangs are passive, not in my experience. He should cool out after a day or so though. Hiding is good, for now

DarthSimon
06/11/2007, 04:20 PM
Good to know... I shut the light off about an hour after I introduced him... let's see what happens... The Kole did go after the Mystery pretty good. At one point I saw some sand kick up... But he got away no problem.... Our Kole has zero problems with the other inmates. Copperband, False pec Clown, Solleris Clown Wrasse, 4 Green Chromis....

oct2274
06/11/2007, 07:20 PM
i think kole tangs can have an angry streak. Mine never chased any fish, but when i put my lawnmower blenny in the tank he chased it intermittently. He still chases it, but I haven't seen him do any damage yet.

mile sq. reefer
06/11/2007, 10:28 PM
Alot of fish for a 55g. The Kole should calm down in a couple of days. How big is the mystery compared to the Kole? My mystery is the boss of my reef and is about 3.5" and fat. The Mystery once settled may become aggressive.

DarthSimon
06/12/2007, 07:16 AM
For a 90??
He is smaller... Maybe 2 inches...

DarthSimon
06/12/2007, 10:02 AM
Well, it seems like they are kinda getting along now... I let the lights turn on this am, at first, he slightly went after the wrasse, but now, the mystery is kinda off staying in his own area.. I have seen the Kole go by him a few times and not act up....

DarthSimon
06/16/2007, 04:55 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know, these 2 fish are getting along just great now..... Once in a blue moon, if the Mystery goes in the Kole's sleeping cave, he will chase him out, but they now pass each other by in the tank with no problems... Thank god :)