PDA

View Full Version : secret liverock booster formula.

randallcentral
06/11/2007, 07:31 PM
After posting about supplements. I got 2 PM from the same guy.. same messege.

"hello i saw your treat (supplumnts) you need to buy this product you only can buy this on ebay very good . its call reefbooster

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=190121897030

this thing work for me like wonder's it made everything in my tank grow super fast

yust bid over $45 and PM the seller "i want the secret formula"

and he will Send you the formula . i been buying his thing for months works like wonder's my tank is full of living thing .." - hplexx
Registered Member.... anyways..I was wondering If I could make my own with stuff around the house or something... What is the formula?! what dose it do exactly?! lol

randallcentral
06/11/2007, 07:32 PM
looks like a scam or something

bertoni
06/11/2007, 07:35 PM
The link doesn't work, but that does sound like a scam.

shag26272
06/11/2007, 07:49 PM
I would report the guy that PM ed you

I fixed the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190121897030&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D 190121897030%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

hplexx
06/11/2007, 08:01 PM
hahaha im sorry guy's if it sounds like a scam .. hahah

im just passing info it work for me .. im sorry

hear the right link

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=594640544&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=190121897030&lk=URL

i broght it online few months ago and its been working good for me i love his product ...

i think im not going to Pm no one more . i dont want to scare anybody yust want to help you's out

sorry

Snowboarda42
06/11/2007, 08:03 PM
Sounds like purple up.

Don't waste your money.

shag26272
06/11/2007, 08:15 PM
does the bottle say what is in it?

hplexx
06/11/2007, 08:15 PM
i try purple up and its like troing apple juice in your tank smells like it 2 ,, hahahah but the one i got from the guy on ebay its powder like color brown with little spec's of white on it ( i love it it dose work for me) not like purple up

SORRY IF I SCARE ANYBODY IM YUST TELLING YOU WHAT I USE IN MY TANK ( and my experience of his product) thats All SORRY Again

jer77
06/11/2007, 08:19 PM
I can almost guarantee its just like other supplements, I won't mention them, that claim to do the same thing to LR and corals. Probably just a mixture of vitamins, elements already known to be involved in calcification, biotin or vitamin B7, calcium carbonate, sugars, yeast, amino acids, and more calcium carbonate. So the coralline algae can mainly be attributed to the calcium carbonate, which is a very poor way of dosing calcium and alkalinity anyways.

DaltonJames
06/11/2007, 08:19 PM
looks like he photoshoped the color on the rock

arts007
06/11/2007, 08:22 PM
Seems like the same guy that PM'd you is the same guy selling it...or they both misspelled the same word.

From his PM to you "yust bid over $45 and PM the seller "i want the secret formula"

and from ebay "See For your self picture After & Before yust shake and add 2 tsp everyday"

"yust"

phil5613
06/11/2007, 08:26 PM
hplexx lets see pics of your tank and the bottle of magic powder.

shag26272
06/11/2007, 08:32 PM
yust= you just lol, I figured he was advertising his auction

hplexx
06/11/2007, 08:35 PM
IM THE ONE THAT SEND THE PM's ... IM NOT SELLING THE PRODUCT !!!! pics SURE WHY NOT my tank pics coming right up

hear's what i got from the seller for 45 dollars

[img=http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/563/picture5230vm2.th.jpg] (http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture5230vm2.jpg)

[img=http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6351/picture5226ff4.th.jpg] (http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture5226ff4.jpg)

im almost done with my can soory

tank pictures coming right up =)

hplexx
06/11/2007, 08:51 PM
Sorry for all troble but il never post anything in this forums again seem's like im doing something wrong . i only pm 1 people thats it it not like a pm all the reef central forums come on !!!!

sorrry i yust wanted to put me 2 cents ..

hplexx
06/11/2007, 08:54 PM
hears my tank video

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/hplexx/th_getbuny.jpg (http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/hplexx/?action=view&current=getbuny.flv)

sorry for all the troble,,,

Zann
06/11/2007, 09:14 PM
lol the guy said it worked for him
when you got old school people that do it only one way everything is snake oil to them. to hard headed to try new things i guess
everytime someone says it worked for them its a scam to others becaue they havent heard of it or tryed it.
i use tri base carbon and it works great as long as you use it like it is set to be used

shag26272
06/11/2007, 09:17 PM
it would just be good to get the ingredients, IMO if you balance your Calcium , Alk, and magnesium you will have great success and you dont need any other supplements besides water changes

hplexx
06/11/2007, 09:23 PM
if you want more information on the product yust msg the seller not me .. im yust telling you my experience with his product . im not selling nothing or promoting nothing .. yust trying to help SORRY!!!!!!!!!!

Drix
06/11/2007, 09:50 PM
hplexx is the same person as the ebayer.

It's prolly a scam, don't put anything in your tank that multiple people here haven't tried first :-p

hplexx
06/11/2007, 09:55 PM
hahahha now im the EBAY seller hahahahahah ..I TOLD ONE PERSON THATS IT I DID NOT TELL OR PM THE HO REEF CENTER FORUMS MENBERS >>> ITS NOT LIKE IM PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND SAYING GO BUY THE PRODUCT . I ONLY SAID IT WORKS FOR ME THATS IT OK YOU KNOW WHAT YUST CLOSED THIS TREAD IM SORRY FOR SPREADING THE WORD OF MY EXPERIENCE SORRY >>>>

shag26272
06/11/2007, 09:57 PM
Im gonna call you a liar also, please explain why you have the same mispellings as the ebay post

YUST? you keep saying that and its in the ebay listing, its not even a real word

shag26272
06/11/2007, 10:03 PM
also you said in your PM you have been using it for months but the guy has only been an ebay seller since last month

bertoni
06/11/2007, 10:06 PM
[flamealert]

Okay, before this thread goes downhill...

Drix
06/11/2007, 10:09 PM
I smell a dead anenomea!

Lets count the similarities between you and your ebay auction:

1) Your name is HPlexx, the ebayer is HPdesigns, HP anyone?
2) You continuously spell "Yust" and not "Just" in both your online posts and your ebay sale
3) The search function shows that you basically tout this "miricle formula" that no-ones ever heard of in all 3 of the posts you've participated in.
4) Interestingly enough, you postings here and e-bay sales of this miracle formula begin at roughly the same time.

Now, I understand you may have this new super product you developed and are trying to advertise and market it. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't I don't know. But you're blatantly lying to fellow reefers about a product in the hopes of making money, that makes me feel like you don't want to stand behind your product, and therefore that it may not do anything, or worse, could severely hurt a members tank.

If you believe you have a truely marketable new product I suggest a new ad campaign complete with a webcam on a new tank that can show you dosing your new product and its effects doctumented with tank readings to boot, or, perhaps you'd like to give a free sample to fellow reefers for a limited time so they can see the power of your miracle product for themselves. If it is indeed a miracle product reefers will come.

Don't believe me? Take the Glass aquarium! IT's a miracle of design, a clear box that's water tight- someone invented it, reefers came, and now we can't get enough of these over valued lumps of melted beach sand and silicon.

Remember, in just about every buisness venture you have to spend money to make money. Put your money where your mouth is, back up your product or give it a way, either way protect your customers.

randallcentral
06/11/2007, 10:13 PM
So, Is there anything I simply have to have as a supplement?

shag26272
06/11/2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry If I was unfriendly in any way but if someone happens to get tricked into buying a bucket of brown junk and ruining their tank I will feel alot worse then I do now about calling someone a liar. Your occupation is a little on the offensive side also.

shag26272
06/11/2007, 10:17 PM
randall check the reef chemistry forum, depending on what you want to keep, regular water changes should be fine for most soft corals

kau_cinta_ku
06/11/2007, 10:17 PM
what i can't understand is why in your PM you say you need to bid 45.00 for the product but in the ebay listing is sells for 25.00 whats the other 20.00 going for?

shag26272
06/11/2007, 10:18 PM
I doubt he will respond now

Drix
06/11/2007, 10:19 PM
Theres all sorts of proven ways to put your coraline up. But one of the big factors is correct lighting and having enough alkalinity and calcium. Try the chemistry forum for more info =)

And that other 20 bucks goes to advertising! Diddn't ya know?

kau_cinta_ku
06/11/2007, 10:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10125169#post10125169 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by randallcentral

I would just get test kits for nitrate, pH, cal., alk, and mag. others will be (phosphates, ammonia, ect)

as long as you keep cal. alk. and mag. stable in the correct levels you will have coraline in no time.

as said check the reef chem. forum for some good info. (reef aquarium water parameters, and randys 2 part)

zma21
06/11/2007, 10:22 PM
Great work everybody. I hate scumbags like that just out to make a quick buck.

Drix
06/11/2007, 10:32 PM
wonder if he meant Reef Booster (http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=PD01211)

If he did he misrepresented it, and is payign too much for it, if not someone's got a lawsuit on their hands over a trademark :-p

smy168
06/11/2007, 10:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10125169#post10125169 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by randallcentral

I used B-Ionic the first 6 mos. and then switched to other formats of supplementing my tanks.

1F2FRFBF
06/11/2007, 10:54 PM
I have to throw my four cents in here because it amazes me that in a hobby where (if you've done your research) it's understood that time and good husbandry will get results, there are still those who will grab at the first "miracle supplement" that someone tries to sell them. Folks, how many times in reading these forums have you seen someone say, "Only bad things happen quickly" - ? The good things take patience.

I've likened these types of formulas to women's skin and hair care products - ever see those ads? They are eerily similar to what you see pushed on saltwater tank hobbyists. "Our new Magic Reef Dust will bond with the loose negative ions in your water and make it sparkling clear, and will activate the dormant enzymes in the crevices of your rocks, causing them to burst with all the colors of the rainbow!" Face it, folks, stuff like this is basically cosmetics for your tank. You may run across a few people who swear by it, but on the flip side there are enough people who say it's a waste of money to make your decision an easy one - well, what should be an easy one anyway.

Testimonial time: My tank has been up for about 4 months old now, and I've never added a thing to it except fresh RO-DI water topoff and 10% new salt water every week or so. I went through my algae blooms and my cloudy water (bacteria blooms), and now I have purple coralline growing all over my glass and purple, green, maroon and pink coralline all over my rocks. I have three fish who seem very happy, and the few corals I have are thriving. I have pods everywhere, a dozen snails and a couple of hermits that keep the place clean, and two shrimp who sit back and watch all the fun. I know that as time goes on and I add more corals I'll probably need to supplement my calcium, but I'll fall off that bridge when I come to it. And I won't be using Joe Blow's Magic Reef Dust at $45 a bottle.

OK, stepping off the soapbox now... :D

hplexx
06/11/2007, 11:29 PM
HAHAHAH NOW im a scumbag and a liar HUh What kind of forums are deas . I ONLY TOLD ONE PERSON . and this stuff get out of control i got Reefer's thinking ther CSI and [profanity] . LOOK HEAR I BROUGT THIS PRODUCT ONLINE AND IT WORK FOR ME . IM NOT TELLING . YOUs TO BUY IT . and not selling Anything . Sorry IF THAT GUY TYPE "YUST" THE SAME WAY I DEW THIS AND THAT.

IM STILL GOING TO KEEP BUYING HIS PRODUCT NO MATTER WHATS U's THINK I Respect everybody Opinion ..

IF SOME WANTS 2 BANNED Me Because I told this guy that this product work for me GO AHEAD!!! I BET IF I BLOW A FART IN REEF CENTRAL FORUMS EVERYBODY IS GOING TO THINK IS A BOMB

IM HAPPY WITH MY TANK .

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/hplexx/th_getbuny.jpg (http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/hplexx/?action=view&current=getbuny.flv)

blazzent
06/11/2007, 11:59 PM
Why do you keep yelling hplexx? Are you upset? Listen there are other products that are out there that claim to do the same thing. Some people have success with them, some don't. If you are getting upset because no one wants to hear your opinions, your expecting too much from people. People have a choice and they don't like being yelled at to buy your product or your buddies or whoever's it belongs to.

israelnajar
06/12/2007, 12:23 AM
His canister of unlabeled 'reef booster' looks like a canister of Fiji Gold without the label.

And it is only 12.99 from Marine Depot or 8.99 at the good Dr. Site

bertoni
06/12/2007, 01:19 AM
Okay, this thread has gone further than is useful.