PDA

View Full Version : AC3 with ethernet and Aquanotes

truth954
06/13/2007, 11:25 AM
I finally hooked up my AC3 to my router on the home PC. My PC is recognizing the AC3 and is getting signal. But when i open Aquanotes it says "not responding" . I read the notes for starting Aquanotes with Ethernet. I matched serial numbers and checked off the TCP box but still not responding. Do I need any other cable connected between the two for the Aquanotes to work or am I missing something?
Thanks
Gerald

Kengar
06/13/2007, 12:14 PM
did you also put in the ip address of aciii into aquanotes where requested? How do you know the 'puter is recognizing the ACIII? Are you doing the staight telnet connection, i.e., putting in the ip address of the aciii into your webbrowser and bypassing aquanotes?

truth954
06/13/2007, 12:54 PM
Yep I input the IP addy into the Ree tank tab on the Aquanotes, i am able to check the status on the AC3 on my PC at work by typing in the address.

"Are you doing the staight telnet connection"
I am a little confused by this statement can you please elaborate im not sure what "strait telnet connection" means (Im not so savy on PC terminology)
Thanks

Carlos
06/13/2007, 01:44 PM
in Aquanotes, go to Database > Tank Database > Config Tab

Make sure that TCP is checked for Interface.
Under TCP/IP Configuation (AC3 only) make sure you have the IP address of the controller plus the username and password of the controller.

HTH,

Carlos

truth954
06/13/2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks everybody especially the folks at Neptune System for their customer support. I was missing a digit in the address bar in the config tab. All us working
thanks again
Gerald