PDA

View Full Version : fish compatability for a 55. help?

ahullsb
06/13/2007, 06:02 PM
I still feel like I have some room in my 55 for another fish or two. Right now I have to juvenile b & w clowns, a helfrichi firefish, a sqaureback anthias, a velvet wrasse. I want to add a diamond goby for the sandbed, or possibly a mandarin instead. What other fish would be compatible with what I have? For example I wanted a black cap basslet or a royal gramma, and was told it would probably bully the firefish. Anyone have any suggestion? I will eventually, (like everyone else) upgrade to a larger tank also. Thanks in advance

xxseawolf
06/13/2007, 06:34 PM
ive heard about firefish and grammas. you might be ok(just an opinion) cause the firefish is established. he still might pick on the firefish but hopefully he has his hiding spot. the mandarin dont try until your tank is well established and has plenty of pods coming from your LR and FUGE(hoping you have one) to feed her in case she wont take prepared foods. good luck.

ahullsb
06/13/2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks. The only thing I worry about is the gramma chasing the firefish out of the water? I have an eggrate top and the firefish could squeeze through it. If it was a helfrichi I wouldn't be AS concerned! :) I know all the rules about mandarins and will keep that in mind.

mile sq. reefer
06/13/2007, 09:44 PM
If you have any doubt, leave it out. Wait for something unique that not too many other people have. Try a geometric pygmy hawk.

ahullsb
06/14/2007, 10:07 AM
are hawkfish o.k?

ahullsb
06/14/2007, 12:34 PM
I like the looks of it so far. Seems peaceful. Any other suggestions? Are chromis as much of a pain as everyone claims?

ahullsb
06/15/2007, 11:16 AM
anyone else?