PDA

View Full Version : Zoo tank livestock

drbronx
06/14/2007, 06:36 PM
i know its a bit premature, but it may be useful to see who can contribute livestock for the zoo project.

As of now, I will be able to provide: red sea and elongata xenia, anthelia glauca, green star polyps, green nepthia, capnella, devils hand sinularia, neon green palyzoas, colony zoo polyps, any number of sps (acropora and montipora) frags that we need, and I can provide small frags of candy cane, hammer coral and frogspawn.

Keep in mind, for those that itemize taxes, any contributed corals can be taken as "non-cash contributions" deductions. The zoo can sign a letter indicating the value of the contribution.

Anyone with sarcophton, other leathers, mushrooms, LPS's etc? I know many of you have immature systems so don't feel bad if you cannot contribute.

We should also start thinking of what other livestock we want to populate the tank with. I'm thinking it should definitely have ocellaris clowns and Hippo Tang to appeal to the Nemo loving kids. A black sailfin blenny is ver hardy, beautiful, entertaining, and functional since they are great alge eaters but also eat all manners of food. A small shoal of Flashing wrasses could be very cool if we have an eggcrate cover. What other fish would folks like to see/ keep in mind hardiness, fish and reef compatability, ease of care etc. And oh yeah...price:)

Piazzon12
06/14/2007, 09:52 PM
I'll be happy to donate a variety of shrooms, zoo's, paly's, clove polyps and sarcos(once they're frag worthy). They wont be large colonies, but they'll have plenty of room to grow.

fish1219
06/23/2007, 06:48 AM
Hello, most of the stuff I have started as frags from DrBronx's tank. I have a LPS Frogspawn that maybe nice. It has 3-4 heads I believe. Also frags of the other corals I have if you can use them.

drbronx
06/23/2007, 09:56 AM
Great, we can use the frogspawn and probably just about anything else. Thanks Paul.

drbronx
06/23/2007, 10:08 AM
I am going to order a clean up crew for the tank or see about donations. Any specific critters folks recommend we get or stay away from. For now i will primarily focus on crabs (blue leg Mexican dwarfs and a few red leg) and cerinth and turbo snails and [perhaps a couple of queen conches. Any thoughts? Whre do you guys recommend I try.

drbronx
06/23/2007, 10:20 AM
Fish (Paul) turned me on to this site.

http://www.reeftopia.com/Reeftopiaspecials.html

They have great packages some of which include free shipping. whish do folks recommend?

flar92
06/23/2007, 10:35 AM
Jerry I have a piece of Cabbage leather the zoo is more than welcome to .I may also be able to scrounge up a Brown with green center hairy mushroom or two... let me know

flar92
06/23/2007, 10:37 AM
i ordered from them before Jerry the are top notch. I am not sure if it is a problem on my end but I am unable to access their website lately....

drbronx
06/23/2007, 01:23 PM
Flar92 - Cabbage leather and hairy shrooms would be terrific. Thanx. Glad to hear that youve had success with reeftopia. I'll see if they can donate.