PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a baby clown tang

DamnPepShrimp
06/15/2007, 12:03 PM
Well I went to a LFS and wanted to get a blue throat trigger. They had two, one was dying and the other was about 6", a little to big for my angels for now. They weren't badly priced for males, but I don't know how he would far with my 3.5" queen and 4.5" emperor angels. They also had a 5"sohal tang which I wanted so badly, but he would run my tank. So I ended up getting a 2-2.5" clown tang, also a diadema basslet. I know clowns get aggressive, but he is tiny, compared to my angels. So he should be fine in the 125g with them. He is getting QT first, hypo for a month then will add him in. Also I am QTing a 4" purple tang that my brother has, will add him in probably the same time as the clown. How do you think these two will far? They are both from different genus's, different sizes, shapes, and colors, so I am hoping I will be ok. I am excited to add these new fish in, I can't wait, but I got to QT first. I will take some pics of my fish, but I don't know how to host them. Any input on my fish selection is appreciated, also I do plan on upgrading tanks, to a 240g or bigger next year, then maybe get the blue throat trigger. One last question, I am looking for some more clean up crew fish/inverts. I am thinking of getting another cleaner shrimp or two and also maybe an algae benny and neon gobies, any thoughts?

amphirion
06/15/2007, 12:26 PM
you will be fine with your clown tang, don't worry. it's one of my favorite fish ;) cleaner shrimp and neon gobies would be good too.
For your pictures, you can use photobucket.

my 2 cents

fishman2006
06/15/2007, 03:04 PM
Clown tangs are very hard to keep. They need a lot of water flow and clean, highly oxygenated water. They have a very high metabolic rate and need to be feed frequently, for one that small probably at least 3 times a day. Keep a close eye on him to make sure hes not losing weight, and feed him lots of nori. Good luck with him, he should be fine in your tank.

danorth
06/15/2007, 05:31 PM
Mine is a crack addict for the 1mm Spectrum pellets. Will eat from my hand. I throw a few pinches of them in a day so that they can be eaten off the bottom later. It eats constantly! Veggie clip with nori is also needed. IT works like a time-release feeder.

DamnPepShrimp
06/15/2007, 07:41 PM
I feed him after he got acclimated, but he didn't eat. The basslet ate though. I feed my fish a mixture of clam, squid, emerald entree, mysis, brine, mussel, and algae sheets. I left an algae sheet in there for him, but he is still to busy checking out the tank. I haven't found any nori near where I live, but I will try to go get some this week. Hopefully he starts picking at the algae sheet, I am going to try and feed him just emerald entree, give him as many greens as possible.