PDA

View Full Version : what likes t5s

ziggy222
06/15/2007, 06:27 PM
this is to help us t5 uses to know what they can keep.unless you have pc,mh,or vho

lights,fish store owners don't help much in giving advice.hopefully other t5 owners

will tell what success or failiors they've had with t5 and certain corals..i got a 4

x54 watt set up at a plant store to go over my 55gal with seperate reflectors dirt

cheap with wh ballast inside,its 3 inches off the top of the tank..thats just under 4

watts per gallon but holly cow its bright.actually its a lil too bright for some

things.i have a red lobo on the bottom-happy.green shrooms on bottom so they stay

bright.dull red shrooms are getting way too much at bottom,they were stunted till i

gave them shade.bright red shrooms half way up are ok but grew faster at bottom.xenia

is ok everywhere in the tank but is shorter in the bright light.toadstools purple and

a yellow neon are happy anywhere.happy=good color,growth and polyp extention.green

open brain half way up is very happy.cabbage halfway up is happy.8inch frilly shroom

half way up is ok but polyps got so big when up too high that you can't tell its a

green shroom cause the polyps are lavender.green star polyps at bottom are happy.and

green zooz at bottom ok but need shade in order to stay as bright.i was surprised how

well the yellow hairy polyps did up top.
my fish store is against me putting a crocea clam under t5 lighting.they say i need a

mh light but i'm going to try it.also just to see exactly how intence this light

reelly is,i'm concidering trying a smal acro frag up high in the tank.

Big Boy69
06/15/2007, 07:10 PM
You'll be fine, put some acros in there. Put the clam on the bottom.

Tony44
06/15/2007, 07:31 PM
I am happy to read this, I just bought a 4x54 T5 tek light, supposed to be really good because each bulb has its own individual reflector.

Would you guys say that in a 55 I could have acros, other SPS, and clams?

ziggy222
06/15/2007, 08:45 PM
i'm not to worried about the clam but i'm going to try the cheapest little frag of acro.from what i understand acro needs super intence light.