PDA

View Full Version : A distructive Lubbocks Wrasse...

mrp2g
06/16/2007, 10:59 AM
I have had my Lubbocks wrasse for 1 year. He, in the last month has become a terror. He continiously chased a Solaris wrasse to the point where I cant find him. He kept a yellow watchman in his cave and chases my chromis around. My purple tang and Blue tang are the only ones who check him in his place.
Someone suggested adding a few diff. wrasses to spread aggression away from the solaris.
Is that possible? Taking him out of the tank is my Real Last Resort!!

fishyz
06/16/2007, 05:29 PM
I have a lubbocks and only a week after I introduced him, I tried adding a solar wrasse. That was not a good idea. My lubbocks chased him non stop and pinned him in a corner. That was when I had to intervene, and I took him back to the lfs. SO much for my original plan of having 3 wrasses in my tank.
I'm not sure if adding more wrasses would help, maybe someone else can help you out on that.

SDguy
06/16/2007, 07:11 PM
No accounting for species specific info I guess. My lubbocks is a wuss....doesn't bother anyone, not even the smallest of anthias or other wrasses. Was chased into the overflow at one point by a yellow streak fairy. I guess each fish is individual.

I would trap him, remove him for a period of time, then try putting him back after the solar is better.