PDA

View Full Version : a few comments/questions about my fish stock

rhino509
06/17/2007, 12:46 PM
so,im at a point where i think i would like to add one more fish,currently in the tank are 1 onespot foxface,1 flame angel,1 neon dottyback,and 1 twospot goby.to make a long story short,i had 2 of the twospot gobys in the tank,i suspect one of them had worms or something from the beginning,but there was no way possible to get this fish out of the tank without tearing down the entire thing,so i let things just take their course,if it made it,nice,and if it didnt,well there wasnt much i could do for it.well im at the point now i think the fish has passed and been broken down by the tank by now(i havent seen this fish in a few weeks now).i wasnt too worried about spikes in anything since this tank has been running for some time now and the fish involved was maybe an inch and a half long(they are small fish even when full grown).
sorry for my rant,so my questins is,would it be ok to replace this fish with maybe another small goby? or maybe another small,somewhat equivelant sized fish? the reason i ask is when i originally bought my fish,i was very uneducated about the fish themselves.but....it all happened and all of the fish (besides the one goby) are healthy and happy.which made me happy since i later learned the twospot gobies are fairly hard to keep,they wont eat prepared foods whatsoever.
so again,any opinions on if i should/could add another small fish or just let it be? thanks for reading my rants....lol

WaterKeeper
06/17/2007, 01:25 PM
I'd skip getting another bottom feeding fish that likes pods at this stage. There is probably not the population in the bed to support it. I might consider a Hawkfish,Oxycirrhites typus, or a small Wrasse like the Carpenter's, Paracheilinus carpenteri, instead.

rhino509
06/17/2007, 05:50 PM
the sandbed and rock in the tank are about a year and a half old.you dont think it would have a big/stable enough cycle to handle pretty much any type of small,reef compatable fish?