PDA

View Full Version : HELP with 12g NC!

sophia101
06/17/2007, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been having problems with my 12g JBJ NC now for a few months with air bubbles. I purchased this tank in August of 06 from Drsfostersmith.com. Up untill I believe April, the tank has been running EXCELLENT with no problems at all. Ever since then, the powerhead in the tank has been shooting out MASSIVE amounts of air bubbles, so now the tank is completely filled. I have a pair of purple firefish, and a ocellaris clown. Usually we just have to add distilled water so the tank is completely full and it takes care of the problem. Today when I got home all of my fish are fine (:)) but, when I filled it completely, the air bubbles are still coming out of the powerhead and I am not sure what to do! I also have opened up my lid of the nano cube and moved around the heater in the 3rd chamber, but still the same problem. The warranty for 6 months is over, so any help would be great! Thanks :)

Sophia G.

sophia101
06/17/2007, 02:26 PM
BUMP

Obsessed_Reefer
06/17/2007, 02:49 PM
The pump shoots out air bubbles when air gets into the water stream and goes into the pump. This is caused by a low water level in the third chamber, causing the waterfall effect from the second chamber, and in effect causing bubbles in the third chamber to go into the pump. Also, when you add water to the third chamber, it causing the waterfall effect again.

Now what do you mean by massive. Like does the tank ever clear up from the bubbles?

Eklikewhoa
06/17/2007, 04:59 PM
Pictures!

Do you have the surface skimmer plate over your intake? That really helps keep the levels in the back steady.

Jimbo327
06/17/2007, 08:36 PM
add more saltwater into the tank to raise the level in the back chambers.

reefman13
06/17/2007, 09:01 PM
I just got an NC 12g and my back compartments are virtually filled to their highest points, and I have a MJ600 running for return and the surface skimmer is in place.

sophia101
06/18/2007, 06:24 AM
Alright, I understand. So, what exactly do I do to make all of my chambers fill up completely? I do remember the last chamber or so, not being filled completely. Please let me know. Thanks :)

SNAKEMANVET
06/18/2007, 08:22 AM
If you run the surface skimmer,you may need to top off about every 3 to 4 days. I always try to keep the level in the back chambers even with the top of the dividers. hope this helps.

sophia101
06/18/2007, 08:23 AM
Well, right now, my tank is no longer shooting out bubbles and everything looks fine again. I will keep you all posted.

oh monti !!!!!
06/19/2007, 09:37 AM
watch for a clogged pump that causes bubbles in my tank

smartang22
06/19/2007, 10:32 AM
This happens to my BioCube too. The water in the second chamber fills the third from a bottom vent. The waterfilling the second chamber traps air through out the LR rubble, chemipure, and purigen I have in there. Then the air bubbles get pushed on to the third chamber. I stuff some filter floss down at that vent and it sort of helps. But sometimes it gets stuck in pump. I do not have a lot of bubbles, but there are enough to annoy me! I try to keep that third chamber filled almost to the top and that sort of helps too.

Jimbo327
06/19/2007, 10:42 AM
You guys should do a surface skimmer mod as well.