PDA

View Full Version : Aquacontroller III Pro and Wireless IMPOSSIBLE!!!

golfschosen1
06/17/2007, 06:44 PM
as the subject says getting the ACIII Pro to go wireless is impossible for me I dont know what I am doing wrong I have the buffalo converter but I cant ever get my paid for version of aquanotes to not say "Site Connection Failed" What do I do? thanks in advance

Sincerely
Steven

clp
06/17/2007, 10:49 PM
If you are having trouble with the wireless setup, then I first recommend that you get the connection working with a hardwired connection. Follow the instructions on the Hardware FAQ in the support section of our website, and the getting started section of the AquaNotes help page.
Then configure the wireless bridge so that it works on your wireless network. With the wireless bridge using a wireless connection to your network, you should be able to access its configuration screens wirelessly. If that doesn't work then the wireless settings are incorrect. You must get this working first before it will work with the AquaController.

Curt

golfschosen1
06/18/2007, 03:17 PM
Okay Curt I have followed those steps and I am still not sure do i need the phone cord and the Ethernet cord or just one or the other i went and purchesed two belkin surge protectors like it says and now I am not sure what to do??? Thanks in advance
Sincerely Steven

Lutefisk
06/18/2007, 03:41 PM
Connect the ethernet cable from the ACIII directly into your main router and then follow the instructions that Curt has suggested.

You don't need to worry about the 4-conductor telephone cable, DC8 or anything else. You need to get communication working with your ACIII before you worry about anything else.

Once you configure the IP address on the ACIII (from the front panel) try pinging it from your desktop. If you cannot successfully ping the ACIII then you will only be wasting your time messing with AquaNotes or anything else.

At this point I don't suggest moving to wireless until you get everything working hardwired. It sounds like you need to eliminate some variables first.

Paul

golfschosen1
06/18/2007, 04:27 PM
Paul I did all the configuration to my main router and what do i do to PING it sorry you told me before but i forgot just anyone that can sort of step by step me through this wouls be great

Sincerely
Steven

Lutefisk
06/18/2007, 04:45 PM
You shouldn't need to do any configuration to your router (You might have to add an entry to the MAC address filter if you are using that function).

We will need to know some basic information.

1) From your desktop computer click on the Windows "Start" button.

From there click on "Run ..." (It should be at the bottom right).

In the dialog box type "cmd" and press enter.

When the black background window opens type "ipconfig" and press your <Enter> key.

Post a reply with any entries for "IP Address" and "Subnet Mask" that appear.

2) Go to your ACIII and at its front panel, when you are at the display that shows the current time and date press the "Select" button.

Then press the <Down> key until you get to "Setup" and press the "Select" key again

Press the <Down> key until you get to "Net Setup" and press the "Select" key

Once again press the ACIII <Down> key until you get to "IP Address" - Press "Select" and it will display the IP Address of the ACIII - write it down.

Press "Select" until the cursor returns to "IP Address." Hit the <Down> key to get to "Netmask" Press the "Select" button to display the Net Mask.

Post a reply with both the ACIII IP Address and its Net Mask.

Once we have that information we can get farther. Without that information we are just shooting in the dark.

Paul