PDA

View Full Version : Seio - Butterfly

Szwalla
06/19/2007, 03:30 PM
Hey now,

This morning I noticed my C.B. Butterfly stuck to side of the Seio. I dont think he was attached that long...maybe minutes...I overreacted and grabbed my package of algae sheets and pushed him off. The package was open on one end and they all got wet.

After that He swam around fine and there were no visible signs of damage.

Can you think of anything I should watch for?

drbronx
06/19/2007, 04:07 PM
Seio separation anxiety. Either that or nori-phobia:) Sorry, couldn't help it. Hopefully the CB is OK but I'd toss the algae.

flar92
06/19/2007, 04:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10173406#post10173406 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drbronx
Seio separation anxiety. Either that or nori-phobia:) Sorry, couldn't help it. Hopefully the CB is OK but I'd toss the algae.
leave it to the shrink ... LOL

Szwalla
06/19/2007, 05:24 PM
Good answer, good answer.

nwrogers
06/19/2007, 05:29 PM
In my experience when a fish gets stuck to the side of a powerhead it is because it is either sick or dead. I would keep an eye on your butterfly fish and if he dies get him out ASAP. In the mean time feed him lots, monitor your water quality, and make sure no one else in the tank is picking on him. Good luck! I hope he turns out to be ok…

Szwalla
06/19/2007, 05:44 PM
Nate, thanks for the info. Now I have to research/read. Poor Mike.

nwrogers
06/19/2007, 08:37 PM
I have never admitted this before (except maybe Jerry) but if it helps I have tried to keep 3 different copperband butterfly fishes in the past and have killed all three. They are an extremely difficult fish to keep and it may just come down to luck for all I know. I have given up trying to keep that fish. What I am saying is don’t stress too much trying to save that fish. Just feed it and hope for the best…

flar92
06/19/2007, 09:40 PM
in my experience CBBs are very picky eaters are shy and tend to get picked on.Not the best choice for a fish. survival rate is quite low.

St.james of reefdom
06/20/2007, 06:51 AM
I used to have a foxface, that would pick at my powerheads at least once during the day and would get stuck to the power head . I would power it down he would swim off , with his color all blotchy then be back later in the evening and be picking at the power head. I named him hammy he was always around when I would take pictures ...kinda crazy fish...

flar92
06/20/2007, 08:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10177081#post10177081 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by St.james of reefdom
I used to have a foxface, that would pick at my powerheads at least once during the day and would get stuck to the power head . I would power it down he would swim off , with his color all blotchy then be back later in the evening and be picking at the power head. I named him hammy he was always around when I would take pictures ...kinda crazy fish...
I loved Hammy... I miss him

Szwalla
06/22/2007, 07:43 AM
Update: The following morning - the butterfly had passed. I did some real good cleaning and all tests came up A+.

In brighter news (I really mean it), I noticed that when while I was under the tank that I never turned on the MH bulbs I replaced like back after the May swap. I should not admit that but figured maybe it will help someone else who is always in a hurry.

Dave VG
06/22/2007, 08:03 AM
That sucks sorry for your loss.

Pirate@40
07/12/2007, 09:29 PM
My CBB eats California Black Worms like crazy. Also eats frozen clams on the half shell. He had some fungus on the fins and it all cleared up with meds after feeding worms and clams. I feed the worms Kent Phytoplex and Selcon everyday after rinsing them and adding fresh RO.