PDA

View Full Version : Help me with some planning

Andrew
06/19/2007, 07:55 PM
Here's the deal.... I'm giving my tanks a break for about 6 months and than setting back up once I have collected all the equipment. I'll be using my 75 gallon AGA tank for the main tank and a 100 gallon rubber maid tub for the sump/fuge. So around 140 of water total. For lighting, I'll be using 6-54 watt T-5 bulbs which will be housed in a DIY canopy. The filtration will be pretty basic.... Well over 100lbs of liverock total. ( display and in the fuge ) I'll be using an Octopus Recirc Dual Pump Needlewheel 250 skimmer which can handle up to 300 gallons. My plans for fish as as follows:

5-8 Green chromis
Pair of True percula clownfish
regal tang ( yea, I now )
couple Longspine Cardinalfish
3 Lyretail Anthias

Kinda stocked but thats what the large skimmer is for. I'm hoping to get the tank up and running when I get back from Florida in January. Any thoughts?

poppin_fresh
06/19/2007, 08:10 PM
Sounds reasonable to me as long as there is some swimming room left from "well over 100lbs liverock total". You've got plenty of volume and filtration so a slightly high load like that seems ok.

Andrew
06/19/2007, 08:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10175044#post10175044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poppin_fresh
Sounds reasonable to me as long as there is some swimming room left from "well over 100lbs liverock total". You've got plenty of volume and filtration so a slightly high load like that seems ok.

Some of that rock will be in the fuge with the lacerock I have right now as well.