PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! RBTA Question..

scaast
06/19/2007, 08:32 PM
I got home from work today and could not find my RBTA...looked EVERYWHERE in the tank...I then found the pieces sucked into my little HOB topfin filter...it got sucked in somehow...the suction on the little filter is weak...anyway...I had a small pvc DIY surface skimmer that the filter pulled water from...when I took everything out I noticed that all along the inside of the pvc there were what appeared to be pieces of the RBTA attached to the pvc. They weren't just floating inside...they were physically attached...probably 20 pieces about the size of a pencil eraser or a little larger. Has anyone ever seen this, and what are the chances these pieces will regenerate? Thoughts?

dc
06/19/2007, 09:41 PM
Well they have been known to survive these things. If it doesn't smell leave it alone? And then it could be majanos or something.

Anemone
06/19/2007, 10:40 PM
I've had some very small pieces of RBTA survive (about the size of a dime). If they do survive, they will take close watching and hand feeding with small pieces of shredded meaty foods to regain their size. It's a tough task, but not impossible.

FWIW,
Kevn